Brain teaser

August 30, 2004 5:15:14 PM

I have a user who is working remotely from home. The user has a XP pro
machine at home and the same at work. We use novel. The user can remote in
and see the novell login on her PC at work. When the user types username and
password and attempts to log on to the PC at work the computer at work
restarts.

Any help would be appreciated.

More about : brain teaser

August 30, 2004 7:25:07 PM

Hi LT

http://forums.novell.com/group/novell.support.zenworks....

.... is about conflicts between remote desktop and zfd4. Don't know if it
fits the bill.

Bye,
Leo

"lawtech" wrote:

> I have a user who is working remotely from home. The user has a XP pro
> machine at home and the same at work. We use novel. The user can remote in
> and see the novell login on her PC at work. When the user types username and
> password and attempts to log on to the PC at work the computer at work
> restarts.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 8:47:03 PM

I'm actually having the exact same issue between Windows XP Home and XP Pro.
I'm trying to conect from Home to Pro using the Remote Desktop and when I
enter the user name and password into the remote machine, i get the black
screen and the remote computer restarts.

I was able to login into that computer before, but for some reason I feel
like it's some sort of a settings that has changed over time with either one
of the Microsoft updates or security software installed on either computer.

Does anyone has any info on this issue? I'm looking for a second day now and
I can't find anything about it anywhere :(

Sergo.

"Leo" wrote:

> Hi LT
>
> http://forums.novell.com/group/novell.support.zenworks....
>
> ... is about conflicts between remote desktop and zfd4. Don't know if it
> fits the bill.
>
> Bye,
> Leo
>
> "lawtech" wrote:
>
> > I have a user who is working remotely from home. The user has a XP pro
> > machine at home and the same at work. We use novel. The user can remote in
> > and see the novell login on her PC at work. When the user types username and
> > password and attempts to log on to the PC at work the computer at work
> > restarts.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.

October 27, 2004 7:02:34 PM

hmmm; just gonna throw this one out there, as it's the only thing that I
can think of.

Maybe the user that is logged on (before you connect remotely) has security
settings that flush some of the things he has done. For example, you can
set XP to delete internet and cookie histories when a user logs on/off,
essentailly returning the machine to the exact state it was in before the
last user logged on. This way, if you are sharing a system, someone can't
come along behind you and check what web sites you visited etc. If
security of this nature has been set up for a user, the machine may need to
do a restart in order to successfully accomplish this task. You might want
to take a look at the security preferences/privacy that you have set up for
yourself and see if there is something there to this effect. Maybe even
create another temporary user profile and see if the same thing happens
when you log onto it to troubleshoot the situation.

Bit of a shot in the dark, but maybe it'll help.

Good luck

Andrew
!