Offline folders does not pick up new sub folders?

Hi All,

I use offline folders to keep my stuff available when off
the network. It works fine, sync's and everything, but if
I create a new folder within one of the synced folders, it
never gets picked up as something to sync. They are all
under the same root (My Documents), the only way I have
fingured to catch everything is to manually uncheck the
box on the root folder, then recheck it and select "all
subfolders" should be available offline.

Not very elegant, and I know I will forget one day and
miss somethign. Is there anyway for this to be automatic
and include the new folders?

You need to change a group policy setting to make this work:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdc_mcc_oaiu.asp
for more information why:
http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_dewey/archive/2004/02/06/68811.aspx

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:07:54 -0700, "Jeff B"

>Hi All,
>
>I use offline folders to keep my stuff available when off
>the network. It works fine, sync's and everything, but if
>I create a new folder within one of the synced folders, it
>never gets picked up as something to sync. They are all
>under the same root (My Documents), the only way I have
>fingured to catch everything is to manually uncheck the
>box on the root folder, then recheck it and select "all
>subfolders" should be available offline.
>
>Not very elegant, and I know I will forget one day and
>miss somethign. Is there anyway for this to be automatic
>and include the new folders?

In addition to Jeffrey's reply:

....or perhaps ditch Offline Files. I've personally shunned it for years as
there are too many potential problems. Check out www.centered.com for an
inexpensive alternative - I use it on all my clients' laptops. They have a
free fully functional eval version available for download.

I don't work for them - I just like their stuff.