Offline folders does not pick up new sub folders?

Hi All,

I use offline folders to keep my stuff available when off
the network. It works fine, sync's and everything, but if
I create a new folder within one of the synced folders, it
never gets picked up as something to sync. They are all
under the same root (My Documents), the only way I have
fingured to catch everything is to manually uncheck the
box on the root folder, then recheck it and select "all
subfolders" should be available offline.

Not very elegant, and I know I will forget one day and
miss somethign. Is there anyway for this to be automatic
and include the new folders?
2 answers Last reply
More about offline folders pick folders

    You need to change a group policy setting to make this work:

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdc_mcc_oaiu.asp
    for more information why:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/brian_dewey/archive/2004/02/06/68811.aspx

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 07:07:54 -0700, "Jeff B"

    >Hi All,
    >
    >I use offline folders to keep my stuff available when off
    >the network. It works fine, sync's and everything, but if
    >I create a new folder within one of the synced folders, it
    >never gets picked up as something to sync. They are all
    >under the same root (My Documents), the only way I have
    >fingured to catch everything is to manually uncheck the
    >box on the root folder, then recheck it and select "all
    >subfolders" should be available offline.
    >
    >Not very elegant, and I know I will forget one day and
    >miss somethign. Is there anyway for this to be automatic
    >and include the new folders?

    In addition to Jeffrey's reply:

    ....or perhaps ditch Offline Files. I've personally shunned it for years as
    there are too many potential problems. Check out www.centered.com for an
    inexpensive alternative - I use it on all my clients' laptops. They have a
    free fully functional eval version available for download.

    I don't work for them - I just like their stuff.

    Jeff B wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I use offline folders to keep my stuff available when off
    > the network. It works fine, sync's and everything, but if
    > I create a new folder within one of the synced folders, it
    > never gets picked up as something to sync. They are all
    > under the same root (My Documents), the only way I have
    > fingured to catch everything is to manually uncheck the
    > box on the root folder, then recheck it and select "all
    > subfolders" should be available offline.
    >
    > Not very elegant, and I know I will forget one day and
    > miss somethign. Is there anyway for this to be automatic
    > and include the new folders?

My Documents Microsoft Windows XP