Remote Desktop inoperarble after in-place upgrade

We have upgraded a number of machines in a domain from
Win2k to XP SP1. The machines function perfectly except
that the Remote desktop tool does not work - the error
is "the local policy of this machine does not allow you to
log in interactively". Other XP machines that have been
built from scratch work fine. We have modified the local
policies on the non-working machines to allow remote
connections, but this makes no difference.

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received.

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=windows+2000+xp+upgrade+rdp+policy+setting&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=uP4%24nh1GEHA.2844%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl&rnum=1

Check the policy noted in the above google archived thread.

"Rupert Knight" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have upgraded a number of machines in a domain from
> Win2k to XP SP1. The machines function perfectly except
> that the Remote desktop tool does not work - the error
> is "the local policy of this machine does not allow you to
> log in interactively". Other XP machines that have been
> built from scratch work fine. We have modified the local
> policies on the non-working machines to allow remote
> connections, but this makes no difference.
>
> Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received.

Bill, Thanks for the link. Problem is sorted. Any idea
whay that policy does not get propogated during the
upgrade ?

wrote in message
>> We have upgraded a number of machines in a domain from
>> Win2k to XP SP1. The machines function perfectly except
>> that the Remote desktop tool does not work - the error
>> is "the local policy of this machine does not allow you
>> log in interactively". Other XP machines that have been
>> built from scratch work fine. We have modified the local
>> policies on the non-working machines to allow remote
>> connections, but this makes no difference.
>>
>> Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received.
>

>.

Never looked into it, I'm afraid. We've seen one instance of a machine
which apparently was not a Windows 2000 upgrade hitting this issue, but that
was an anomaly.

> Bill, Thanks for the link. Problem is sorted. Any idea
> whay that policy does not get propogated during the
> upgrade ?

New group policy templates are not automatically included when an
upgrade is done...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com