Remote web connection.

I'm running windows xp with sp2.

I'm behind a router and have configured one computer to listen on port 3389
and the other on 3390 and I've forwarded the respective ports...

Remote desktop works on both of them but when I try to use remote desktop
web connection I cant.

I have tsweb installed. And I can connect from one computer on my router to
the other but once I leave my home I can't get on tsweb.

Any help as to why?
2 answers Last reply
More about remote connection

    Remote Desktop Web Connection is significantly more complex to get working
    than simple Remote Desktop, using the executable client.

    You need to be forwarding port 80, TCP in the router to the machine running
    IIS with tsweb installed.

    Your ISP must not be blocking traffic on port 80 inbound. Some large ISP's
    do this--including Verizon in many parts of its network.

    You must connect using the public IP address of your router:

    http://RouterIPAddress\tsweb\

    Once connected, simply hit enter--don't put in a machine name or IP address,
    and you should be able to connect to the machine at 3389. You need the
    ability to install a signed ActiveX control on the machine you are working
    from, and port 3389, TCP must be open outbound from that location.

    Getting access to the machine on 3390 will require a custom modification to
    the \tsweb web page.

    "David" <kingenigma@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running windows xp with sp2.
    >
    > I'm behind a router and have configured one computer to listen on port
    > 3389 and the other on 3390 and I've forwarded the respective ports...
    >
    > Remote desktop works on both of them but when I try to use remote desktop
    > web connection I cant.
    >
    > I have tsweb installed. And I can connect from one computer on my router
    > to the other but once I leave my home I can't get on tsweb.
    >
    > Any help as to why?

    There is a customized version available for download at
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com that will allow you to connect
    to alternate ports (see
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com/Default.aspx?tabid=62) once you
    get the port forwarding corrected...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 01:27:32 -0400, "Bill Sanderson"
    <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote:

    >Remote Desktop Web Connection is significantly more complex to get working
    >than simple Remote Desktop, using the executable client.
    >
    >You need to be forwarding port 80, TCP in the router to the machine running
    >IIS with tsweb installed.
    >
    >Your ISP must not be blocking traffic on port 80 inbound. Some large ISP's
    >do this--including Verizon in many parts of its network.
    >
    >You must connect using the public IP address of your router:
    >
    >http://RouterIPAddress\tsweb\
    >
    >Once connected, simply hit enter--don't put in a machine name or IP address,
    >and you should be able to connect to the machine at 3389. You need the
    >ability to install a signed ActiveX control on the machine you are working
    >from, and port 3389, TCP must be open outbound from that location.
    >
    >Getting access to the machine on 3390 will require a custom modification to
    >the \tsweb web page.
    >
    >"David" <kingenigma@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm running windows xp with sp2.
    >>
    >> I'm behind a router and have configured one computer to listen on port
    >> 3389 and the other on 3390 and I've forwarded the respective ports...
    >>
    >> Remote desktop works on both of them but when I try to use remote desktop
    >> web connection I cant.
    >>
    >> I have tsweb installed. And I can connect from one computer on my router
    >> to the other but once I leave my home I can't get on tsweb.
    >>
    >> Any help as to why?

Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows XP