Offline Folder location

I have setup a client with Offline Files\Synchronization
and am having two issues.
1) The Offline Files folder does not show subfolders -
even though I've told it to. I've removed and reinstated
the Offline Files setup - and have the same problem.
2) I want the laptop to to synchronize the files in it's
\My Documents folder with the desktop's \My Document's
folder. Right now, the laptop is putting the Offline
Folders into a separate location.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -

Laura
5 answers Last reply
More about offline folder location

    xp stores offline files in temp internet space - you dont need to know where
    they are, you can access them the same way you would, whether the laptop is
    connected or not - the only way to keep both folders synchronised is to only
    use Laptop/MyDocs (whether by laptop or desktop)

    p.s. synchronisation doesn't like databases very much (make a backup)

    "Laura" <alabamawildflower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have setup a client with Offline Files\Synchronization
    > and am having two issues.
    > 1) The Offline Files folder does not show subfolders -
    > even though I've told it to. I've removed and reinstated
    > the Offline Files setup - and have the same problem.
    > 2) I want the laptop to to synchronize the files in it's
    > \My Documents folder with the desktop's \My Document's
    > folder. Right now, the laptop is putting the Offline
    > Folders into a separate location.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -
    >
    > Laura

    What do you mean about only using Laptop\My Docs - from
    desktop or laptop? I want to make sure I understand you
    properly.....

    Thanks -

    When you connect your laptop (however method) to your desktop - you should
    be able access all the files on it via your desktop incl laptop/mydocs

    Whilst it's connected you can assign laptop/mydocs as offline files (incl
    subfolders) - your desktop takes a backup, so that when you disconnect, you
    can access them as if it were still connected

    If you continue to store any new data on your desktop to laptop/mydocs

    Any any new data on your laptop to laptop/mydocs

    Next time you connect the two - offline files should synchronise them both
    the same

    > What do you mean about only using Laptop\My Docs - from
    > desktop or laptop? I want to make sure I understand you
    > properly.....
    >
    > Thanks -

    Thanks so much!

    JethroUK's given an excellent description.

    If you set up a shortcut on the laptop to the Desktops "My Documents"
    folder--i.e. \\desktop\my documents (assuming that folder is shared as "My
    Documents")--this shortcut should work and allow access to the files whether
    or not the network is functional between the two machines.

    Ignore the "Offline files" folder, and don't mention it to your client--it
    is where the files live, but they are not really accessable there, as you've
    noted!

    "laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks so much!

Laptops Microsoft Windows XP