XP Professional Access Control and IIS

Hi,

I need some assistance with XP Professinal. I am a computer tech and I am
tryng to set up folder permissions and IIS. I am experiencing the following
problems:

When trying to set folder permissions for a shared folder on my network, I
am only allowed to tell Windows that I don't want, or do want, others to be
able to modified my files. I can't access the ACL for the folders so that I
can grant groups that I have set up access to folders and so forth. From
what I am reading, this is because I am on a workgroup, and do not have a
domain controller. Is this true? And if so, how can I get around it? I
want to authorize certain group, which I have previous set up, to be able to
see the folders and write to them.

Next, when using IIS for ftp and www server, I cannot figure out how to set
up the folders so that they grant access to the folders based on my Windows
ACL. I imagine the two problems are related.

Can someone that knows this stuff please help me. I can be reached via
phone at 614-519-3026 or via email at jwg@sgendeavors.com. Thanks in
advance.

Jeremy Grandstaff

In IIS, enable write access. Then go to Windows Explorer and apply
the appropriate security permissions for your various groups (granting
either write or read priveleges). IMPORTANT - when you do this, make
sure you assign the IUSR_computername only Read priveleges (if you
want anonymous access) or no priveleges if you want to disable access.
Beware of the Everyone group...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com