Remote Assistance(The connection status is Screen View Only)

When I connect remotely to the other computer I only have SCREEN VIEW ONLY.
I haved checked the box to allow this computer be access remotely, however,
when the connection is stablished I can only view but can not actually click
or do any work.

Please tell me how i can change the screen view only to full access.

Thanks
wingermann@yahoo.com
4 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance connection status screen view only

    The remote user needs to give you full control...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    aOn Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:39:11 -0700, "Danny"
    <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >When I connect remotely to the other computer I only have SCREEN VIEW ONLY.
    >I haved checked the box to allow this computer be access remotely, however,
    >when the connection is stablished I can only view but can not actually click
    >or do any work.
    >
    >Please tell me how i can change the screen view only to full access.
    >
    >Thanks
    >wingermann@yahoo.com

    I don't use RA much, I'm afraid, but doesn't the user you are assisting need
    to enable full control? There should be a dialog prompting them to do this
    for you if you request it.

    "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I connect remotely to the other computer I only have SCREEN VIEW
    > ONLY.
    > I haved checked the box to allow this computer be access remotely,
    > however,
    > when the connection is stablished I can only view but can not actually
    > click
    > or do any work.
    >
    > Please tell me how i can change the screen view only to full access.
    >
    > Thanks
    > wingermann@yahoo.com

    One other thing to check is the "Offer Remote Assistance" group policy. If the policy is "Enabled",
    there is a sub-option to only allow the helper to view the desktop or to take complete control. The
    default setting is "Not configured".

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    >I don't use RA much, I'm afraid, but doesn't the user you are assisting need to enable full
    >control? There should be a dialog prompting them to do this for you if you request it.
    >
    > "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> When I connect remotely to the other computer I only have SCREEN VIEW ONLY.
    >> I haved checked the box to allow this computer be access remotely, however,
    >> when the connection is stablished I can only view but can not actually click
    >> or do any work.
    >>
    >> Please tell me how i can change the screen view only to full access.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> wingermann@yahoo.com

    Excellent thought!

    > One other thing to check is the "Offer Remote Assistance" group policy. If
    > the policy is "Enabled", there is a sub-option to only allow the helper to
    > view the desktop or to take complete control. The default setting is "Not
    > configured".

    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > benefit of all of us...
    > rights...
    >
    > "Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
    >>I don't use RA much, I'm afraid, but doesn't the user you are assisting
    >>need to enable full control? There should be a dialog prompting them to
    >>do this for you if you request it.
    >>
    >> "Danny" <Danny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >>> When I connect remotely to the other computer I only have SCREEN VIEW
    >>> ONLY.
    >>> I haved checked the box to allow this computer be access remotely,
    >>> however,
    >>> when the connection is stablished I can only view but can not actually
    >>> click
    >>> or do any work.
    >>>
    >>> Please tell me how i can change the screen view only to full access.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>> wingermann@yahoo.com

Connection Computers Microsoft Windows XP