Playing demo's in steam

Last response: in Video Games
April 27, 2004 3:51:11 AM

How do you play a Demo in steam? When ever I try to play one I get an error
message can not open file. Are there any demo players like SK player for
Steam? Thanks for your help

More about : playing demo steam

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 11:24:58 PM

SKPlayer works with Steam. Just set your HL path in SKPlayer to
C:\Steam\SteamApps\<your e-mail address>\counter-strike\hl.exe
and make sure steam is running before you load SKPlayer.

"Joel Cloakey" <tcloakey@charter.net> wrote in message
> How do you play a Demo in steam? When ever I try to play one I get an
error
> message can not open file. Are there any demo players like SK player for
> Steam? Thanks for your help

Anonymous
April 28, 2004 4:47:49 PM

Thanks For the Help after getting version 1.1 and setting the path
correctly it works ..
"Damien Evans" <guest@anon.com> wrote in message
> SKPlayer works with Steam. Just set your HL path in SKPlayer to
> C:\Steam\SteamApps\<your e-mail address>\counter-strike\hl.exe
> and make sure steam is running before you load SKPlayer.
>
> "Joel Cloakey" <tcloakey@charter.net> wrote in message
> > How do you play a Demo in steam? When ever I try to play one I get an
> error
> > message can not open file. Are there any demo players like SK player for
> > Steam? Thanks for your help

April 28, 2004 9:53:57 PM

> > > How do you play a Demo in steam? When ever I try to play one I get an
> > error
> > > message can not open file. Are there any demo players like SK player
for
> > > Steam? Thanks for your help

the best way i find is too type

viewdemo demo1.dem