DVD Architect - burning a DVD problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 7, 2004 5:41:16 PM

I am getting an error when DVD Arch tries to prep & burn a DVD. Here is
what I have done so far...

1. Created the menus, etc in DVDA. Everything works great in the
preview.
2. Installed a brand new DVD-R
3. Formatted the DVD-R
4. Click on Make DVD in DVDA.
5. Select Prepare DVD.
6. It returns only info messages, no errors or warnings
7. I click Next
8. I select my DVD drive as the prepare folder. This is the root
directory on my DVD-R (E:\)
9. I click Finish
10. I get a message saying "Warning: An error occured while writing a
file. The reason for the error could not be determined".

Ok, Did I miss a step somewhere, or does anyone have a clue what this
error message usually means?

Thanks
Mike
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 9:46:28 PM

mwc0914@aol.com wrote:
> I am getting an error when DVD Arch tries to prep & burn a DVD. Here
> is what I have done so far...
>
> 1. Created the menus, etc in DVDA. Everything works great in the
> preview.
> 2. Installed a brand new DVD-R
> 3. Formatted the DVD-R
> 4. Click on Make DVD in DVDA.
> 5. Select Prepare DVD.
> 6. It returns only info messages, no errors or warnings
> 7. I click Next
> 8. I select my DVD drive as the prepare folder. This is the root
> directory on my DVD-R (E:\)

This is your problem. You can't "prepare" to a DVD drive, only to a folder
on your hard drive.
Take a look at the menu screen that pops up when you select "Make DVD".
At the bottom, it says
"Prepare DVD creates all the files needed for the DVD. Burning takes the
prepared files and burns them to a DVD."
Create a temporary folder on your hard drive somewhere and try this again.
It should work.

Mike

> 9. I click Finish
> 10. I get a message saying "Warning: An error occured while writing a
> file. The reason for the error could not be determined".
>
> Ok, Did I miss a step somewhere, or does anyone have a clue what this
> error message usually means?
>
> Thanks
> Mike
December 9, 2004 4:35:25 AM

<mwc0914@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am getting an error when DVD Arch tries to prep & burn a DVD. Here is
> what I have done so far...
>
> 1. Created the menus, etc in DVDA. Everything works great in the
> preview.
> 2. Installed a brand new DVD-R
> 3. Formatted the DVD-R
> 4. Click on Make DVD in DVDA.
> 5. Select Prepare DVD.
> 6. It returns only info messages, no errors or warnings
> 7. I click Next
> 8. I select my DVD drive as the prepare folder. This is the root
> directory on my DVD-R (E:\)
> 9. I click Finish
> 10. I get a message saying "Warning: An error occured while writing a
> file. The reason for the error could not be determined".
>
> Ok, Did I miss a step somewhere, or does anyone have a clue what this
> error message usually means?
>
> Thanks
> Mike

Do not "Format the DVD-R".

Just put the blank DVD-R in the drive and let DVD Architect do it's work.

If you are just burning one copy, then just Prepare and Burn it at the same
time.
!