Seems i am not alone - Offline files.

Tags:
  • Windows XP
September 2, 2004 2:05:37 PM

Hi all - just installed XP and sp2 to 2 laptops for some mobile users of
mine - i got them to VPN in to the network and to make certain folders
avilable offline - it made a new offline files folder and allwas good i
turned off the VPN and they could access the offline files without any
issues, Now - the only trouble is as soon as they reboot the laptop and log
on again the offline files option is disabled and they have to enable it
again and then it will work fine.

This as im sure you can understand is madness :)  So i did a few google
searches on the issue and it seems i am not alone on this one at all and
lots of people have it i called a friend of mine who uses offline files and
he said he had the same issue and hes using xp sp1 -

Its very confusing - could anyone point me to a fix? as im sure it is a huge
problem.

Thanks in advance.

More about : offline files

Anonymous
September 3, 2004 5:56:59 PM

i just did a quick tour of my local business park chatting to the IT guys
and asked if they had any troubles with it only a few used it but they all
had the issue as well but not when using 2k...
"ross malyon" <ross.malyon@selectec...co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all - just installed XP and sp2 to 2 laptops for some mobile users of
> mine - i got them to VPN in to the network and to make certain folders
> avilable offline - it made a new offline files folder and allwas good i
> turned off the VPN and they could access the offline files without any
> issues, Now - the only trouble is as soon as they reboot the laptop and
log
> on again the offline files option is disabled and they have to enable it
> again and then it will work fine.
>
> This as im sure you can understand is madness :)  So i did a few google
> searches on the issue and it seems i am not alone on this one at all and
> lots of people have it i called a friend of mine who uses offline files
and
> he said he had the same issue and hes using xp sp1 -
>
> Its very confusing - could anyone point me to a fix? as im sure it is a
huge
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
September 4, 2004 12:23:01 AM

I've also had that happen to one co-worker and haven't been able to
figure out why...

One thing to check, though - is Fast User Switching "re-enabled" when
this happens?

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:56:59 +0100, "ross malyon"