XP-VPN-Remote Desktop Connection

September 2, 2004 9:54:24 AM

I'm connecting from XP Home to my XP Pro and W2k3 workstation at my
office through a VPN. I have no problems connecting or logging in,
but once I do, periodically the connection seems to "lock up" for 3 to
10 seconds and then recover. For example, I'll be typing and the
letters stop appearing, the mouse cursor doesn't change when moved and
nothing else on the screen updates. Then, a few seconds later, the
letters will finally appear on the screen and everything goes back to
normal.

This happens once every few minutes or so, and it is really
frustrating. Furthermore, every once in a while, it won't recover and
will disconnect me from my remote session. When that happens, I just
have to reconnect and login again, and then it works (until it locks
up / disconnects again a few minutes later).

I had been using this system without any problems for several months,
and then recently this started to happen.

Thanks in advance.

Rits
Anonymous
September 3, 2004 10:33:52 AM

Sounds like your internet connection is not stable.

If you are using xDSL or Cable contact your provider and
get them to check the connection. A have seen the same
problem a few times and it has always been a ISP
connection issue.

I hope this helps.

http://www.gmditsolutions.com
http://www.themobilepcdoctor.com

Anonymous
September 9, 2004 11:04:50 PM

For better remote desktop experience, you can adjust the remote desktop
settings. 'Remote Desktop Connection' UI has the 'Options' button which
gives different settings with regard to 'Display', 'Local resources',
'Program' and 'Experience'.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Dinesh.