Remote Assistance to a dialup user

I am trying to find a way where our helpdesk can use Remote Assistance /
Offer Remote Assistance or Remote Desktop when there is an end-user out of
the office and they have problems with their VPN. For example, Billy is out
of town and can connect to the internet thru the hotels modem line, however,
he cannot get into VPN to get to our network. He gets an ip address but when
we put the ip address in Remote Desktop, it connects for about 10 seconds
then disconnects because it locks the pc on his end thus disconnecting the
modem. I've also tried using the ip address in the Offer Remote Assistance
box but it always times out saying "the remote server machine does not exist
or is unavailable". He is unable to send me an invite from Remote Assistance
because he can't get into email because he can't connect to VPN. Any
help/suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

You might want to try Messenger's Remote Assistance.

"IanSB" <IanSB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find a way where our helpdesk can use Remote Assistance /
> Offer Remote Assistance or Remote Desktop when there is an end-user out of
> the office and they have problems with their VPN. For example, Billy is
> out
> of town and can connect to the internet thru the hotels modem line,
> however,
> he cannot get into VPN to get to our network. He gets an ip address but
> when
> we put the ip address in Remote Desktop, it connects for about 10 seconds
> then disconnects because it locks the pc on his end thus disconnecting the
> modem. I've also tried using the ip address in the Offer Remote
> Assistance
> box but it always times out saying "the remote server machine does not
> exist
> or is unavailable". He is unable to send me an invite from Remote
> Assistance
> because he can't get into email because he can't connect to VPN. Any
> help/suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Thank you Huei. I will try that.