Getting APIPA IP address...

Ok, my problem is as follow:

I need to connect remotely to a SBS, 2003 via Remote desktop, and I need to
do it through standard internal analog modem (not doing any NAT, not acting
as a firewall and it is not a router either)... When I dial-in, the modem is
picking up and also authenticate me on the Win2k3 server (act as DHCP, DNS
and PDC), so I get connected easily. The thing is that I can't connect with
either Remote Desktop (Remote Desktop allowed, and I use the Enterprise admin
to connect) or Netmeeting (desktop sharing enabled) or even DameWare (3rd
party app), and I found out why... The given IP address when connected to the
modem is an APIPA one, so it wont work. DHCP is set up with a 22bits subnet
range (10.0.208.0\255.255.252.0), so i'm wondering if there is any settings I
need to look at to make it work and get an IP in this range from my remote
DHCP.

Louis

Can anyone else dial into the server and get a proper IP address?

This sounds like a server-side configuration issue to me.

"Louis Vigneault" <Louis Vigneault@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:8EB597D6-2713-49DF-AAD8-5FBAEAE9FD0A@microsoft.com...