VPN error code 800

Trying to set up my windows xp pro to connect remotely to my office server
2000. Here is what I have implemented.

I have linksys router and I have set up the port foward. I open port 1729 ,
50, 51, and 500. I made my have a static DHCP address assign by me. So if
the computer restarts the router does not send another DHCP address to the
server. I also have setup no-ip client on the server track the WAN address
because we behind a router aka NAT BOX. I have setup incoming VPN
connection.

On the Client side i have used the DNS name that i made up on No-ip.com
website. I should be able to logg on. There is no firewall on the server
side. There is a firewall on the client side (windows XP pro). It gives me
the error 800. I am stuck. Give me so me help someone.

Ankit Shah

If there is a firewall blocking the PPTP traffic then also it causes issues
iwht the authentication and gives error 800. PPTP requires TCP port 1723 and
IP Protocol 47 [GRE].

Error 800 can also occur when there is problem with the firmware of the
router, look at the below KB article for details
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319108

--
Thanks,
Sharoon