RDC: Because of a Protocol Error...

I keep getting a Protocol Error when computers in my home network try to
access my PC. I can access other PCs from my computer no problem? What is
the cause of this... Thank you.

Tim

You mean your machine A in home network trying to access another machine B
outside of home network?

Ususally, this is
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323497 but I
remember some router issue that can also causes this.

"Tim K" <tim_kluger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I keep getting a Protocol Error when computers in my home network try to
>access my PC. I can access other PCs from my computer no problem? What is
>the cause of this... Thank you.
>
> Tim

No, Its all within the network.

"Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You mean your machine A in home network trying to access another machine B
> outside of home network?
>
> Ususally, this is
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323497 but I
> remember some router issue that can also causes this.

> rights.
>

> "Tim K" <tim_kluger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I keep getting a Protocol Error when computers in my home network try to
>>access my PC. I can access other PCs from my computer no problem? What
>>is the cause of this... Thank you.
>>
>> Tim

We've had one thread which appeared to involve a particular application
running on the host machine--by recollection it was "newsbin pro??"

Never figured out what to do about it--when that app was running, RD got
that error. The OP was in touch with the apps developer, but it wasn't
clear what actions the developer could take to fix the situation.

> No, Its all within the network.
>

> "Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> You mean your machine A in home network trying to access another machine
>> B outside of home network?
>>
>> Ususally, this is
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323497 but I
>> remember some router issue that can also causes this.
>>
>> --

>> rights.
>>

>> "Tim K" <tim_kluger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I keep getting a Protocol Error when computers in my home network try to
>>>access my PC. I can access other PCs from my computer no problem? What
>>>is the cause of this... Thank you.
>>>
>>> Tim

Nope, I have no irregular APPS running... For awhile, I thought it was a
graphics driver issue, cause I have a nvidia card, and heard on the net that
you get the same error when opening mIRC. But I rolled back on a driver and
that did not fix the issue. I then thought it was a static IP issue, cause
I did change my IP, but that did not fix it either...

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote in message
> We've had one thread which appeared to involve a particular application
> running on the host machine--by recollection it was "newsbin pro??"
>
> Never figured out what to do about it--when that app was running, RD got
> that error. The OP was in touch with the apps developer, but it wasn't
> clear what actions the developer could take to fix the situation.
>
> "Tim K" <tim_kluger@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> No, Its all within the network.
>>

>> "Huei Wang [MSFT]" <hueiwang@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> You mean your machine A in home network trying to access another machine
>>> B outside of home network?
>>>
>>> Ususally, this is
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323497 but I
>>> remember some router issue that can also causes this.
>>>
>>> --

>>> rights.
>>>

>>> "Tim K" <tim_kluger@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I'm back to the "run msinfo and set up a clean boot" type advice, I
think--see whether it works in some circumstances (with most third-party
drivers eliminated) and you can triage through the drivers and see what
makes it quit?