Best hardware for home video editing

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 9, 2004 12:58:48 AM

So of you PC builders out there, what's your advice for building a box
for video editing?

Intel vs. AMD

RAID 0 (using 2- 200GB drives) and a backup routine.
or
RAID 1 ( I know it'll be slower than RAID0 but still want peoples
opinion)

Vidio card?

Thanks
in adv.

DnD
December 9, 2004 12:15:35 PM

"Dave n Deb" <d.hudkins@comcast.net> wrote in message
> So of you PC builders out there, what's your advice for building a box
> for video editing?
>
> Intel vs. AMD

Either really.

> RAID 0 (using 2- 200GB drives) and a backup routine.
> or
> RAID 1 ( I know it'll be slower than RAID0 but still want peoples
> opinion)
>
> Vidio card?

Again, either. Any standard drive is fast enough for capture, all you are
concerned about is space, space and more space.
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 12:43:50 PM

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:58:48 -0800, "Dave n Deb"
<d.hudkins@comcast.net> wrote:
> advice for building a box for video editing?

Read my Video page at http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

There are two links near the top where I discuss the (now old and
trickeled down to a relative) ready made computer I bought, and
another link where I describe the one I recently built myself

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
!