Best hardware for home video editing

So of you PC builders out there, what's your advice for building a box
for video editing?

Intel vs. AMD

RAID 0 (using 2- 200GB drives) and a backup routine.
or
RAID 1 ( I know it'll be slower than RAID0 but still want peoples
opinion)

Vidio card?

Thanks
in adv.

DnD
2 answers Last reply
More about best hardware home video editing

    "Dave n Deb" <d.hudkins@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > So of you PC builders out there, what's your advice for building a box
    > for video editing?
    >
    > Intel vs. AMD

    Either really.

    > RAID 0 (using 2- 200GB drives) and a backup routine.
    > or
    > RAID 1 ( I know it'll be slower than RAID0 but still want peoples
    > opinion)
    >
    > Vidio card?

    Again, either. Any standard drive is fast enough for capture, all you are
    concerned about is space, space and more space.

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:58:48 -0800, "Dave n Deb"
    <d.hudkins@comcast.net> wrote:
    > advice for building a box for video editing?

    Read my Video page at http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    There are two links near the top where I discuss the (now old and
    trickeled down to a relative) ready made computer I bought, and
    another link where I describe the one I recently built myself

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Tuner Cards Hardware NAS / RAID Video Editing Graphics