Trouble logging into a wireless Remote Desktop host

I've seen several similar posts on this but never a solution. I have
two XP professional computers on the same LAN: one hardwired, one
wireless. If I attempt to Remote Desktop to the Wireless Computer that
is currently logged into, the Client freezes on the login screen which
eventually banks out, and ultimately fails to connect after about 30
sec. On the host side the screen goes blank and the Network connection
goes down for about five minutes – I know the network is down because
I have a ping going to the host computer during this operation and the
host stops responding during the blank screen period. After five
minutes the host returns to a login screen and at this time I can
connect my remote desktop. Note that if I swap the host's wireless
connection with a hardwired one, everything works normally. Any ideas
on how to fix this?
Thanks,
Craig
2 answers Last reply
More about trouble logging wireless remote desktop host

    Very easy solution to your problem. FORGET REMOTE
    DESKTOP! That thing has more hoops to jump through than
    is needed. Go to http://www.realvnc.com/ and download
    the free program. This thing is incredible. My whole
    Family is online, and I am the PC guy, so I installed this
    on all of their PC's, and now I can go in and fix their
    putes from my laptop. I am running a wireless network
    with a Linksys Router. Firewalls are not an issue. Drop
    me an email if you need assistance. You simply enter an
    IP Address, a password, and the other person's desktop
    pops up on your screen. You can do ANYTHING they can do.
    It's just like sitting in THEIR CHAIR!

    On the contrary: Firewalls are as much an issue with VNC as they are with
    Remote Desktop--the two mechanisms are precisely equal in this respect. If
    you haven't found this to be true, you aren't using either one through a
    firewall.

    VNC is unencrypted--if you use it across the Internet, your transmissions
    could possibly be intercepted and viewed by others.

    VNC has in the recent past been the subject of brute force scanning. Please
    use strong passwords. I believe the newest incarnations--ultravnc--may make
    some stronger authentication available.

    I'm not knocking VNC--it's an excellent mechanism--but I sure like Remote
    Desktop better, for performance, security, and privacy reasons.

    "Rock" <ak1j@gmavt.net> wrote in message
    > Very easy solution to your problem. FORGET REMOTE
    > DESKTOP! That thing has more hoops to jump through than
    > is needed. Go to http://www.realvnc.com/ and download
    > the free program. This thing is incredible. My whole
    > Family is online, and I am the PC guy, so I installed this
    > on all of their PC's, and now I can go in and fix their
    > putes from my laptop. I am running a wireless network
    > with a Linksys Router. Firewalls are not an issue. Drop
    > me an email if you need assistance. You simply enter an
    > IP Address, a password, and the other person's desktop
    > pops up on your screen. You can do ANYTHING they can do.
    > It's just like sitting in THEIR CHAIR!

Remote Desktop Wireless Windows XP