strider

Hi there,

I can't get Remote Assistance to work, it's not even trying to connect
it just gives "remote assistance failed. please try again"

I've read google groups but cant find a solution. any wizards about?

Scott

Here's one reference to that message--but it appears to apply only in
situations where you are behind Internet Connection Sharing on an XP host
machine, and that machine isn't yet updated to SP1.

It implies that the issue is that not all needed services are started
correctly--so the system event log would be worth checking for messages at
boot time about services not starting.

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I can't get Remote Assistance to work, it's not even trying to connect
> it just gives "remote assistance failed. please try again"
>
> I've read google groups but cant find a solution. any wizards about?
>
> Scott

strider

In the bedlam that is microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely

Bill Sanderson proclaimed...

> It implies that the issue is that not all needed services are started
> correctly--so the system event log would be worth checking for messages at
> boot time about services not starting.

I'll check for that, thanks.

Sorry, I left out the KB reference:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q313492