Help. How can I make a change on the Menu Screen without r..

After I prepared a DVD, ready for burning, I noticed a problem with the
opening menu. How can I change a word without having to go through the
whole recompression process?

Steve King

rs

I know DVD-Lab will accept VOB files, and others probably do too.

Steve King wrote:
> After I prepared a DVD, ready for burning, I noticed a problem with
> the opening menu. How can I change a word without having to go
> through the whole recompression process?
>
> Steve King

Steve, sounds like you exported an AVI from Vegas and are letting DVDA do
the recompression for you.
It's much easier to export the MPEG-2 & AC-3 files from Vegas (one less step
for your computer) and bring these into DVDA. Then, if you do run in to the
kind of problem you described, it's only a couple of minutes to fix it as
DVDA doesn't have to recompress anything.

Mike

"Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Steve King wrote:
>> After I prepared a DVD, ready for burning, I noticed a problem with
>> the opening menu. How can I change a word without having to go
>> through the whole recompression process?
>>
>> Steve King
>

> Steve, sounds like you exported an AVI from Vegas and are letting DVDA do
> the recompression for you.
> It's much easier to export the MPEG-2 & AC-3 files from Vegas (one less
> step
> for your computer) and bring these into DVDA. Then, if you do run in to
> the
> kind of problem you described, it's only a couple of minutes to fix it as
> DVDA doesn't have to recompress anything.
>
> Mike

Yeah. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I spent more time today than
I care to admit searching this group and the Sony DVDA forum until I found a
reference to the same idea as in your reply. Render in Vegas. Thanks,
again.

Steve King

Steve King wrote:
> "Mike Kujbida" <kujfam-misleadingspam@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> Steve King wrote:
>>> After I prepared a DVD, ready for burning, I noticed a problem with
>>> the opening menu. How can I change a word without having to go
>>> through the whole recompression process?
>>>
>>> Steve King
>>

>> Steve, sounds like you exported an AVI from Vegas and are letting
>> DVDA do the recompression for you.
>> It's much easier to export the MPEG-2 & AC-3 files from Vegas (one
>> less step
>> for your computer) and bring these into DVDA. Then, if you do run
>> in to the
>> kind of problem you described, it's only a couple of minutes to fix
>> it as DVDA doesn't have to recompress anything.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Yeah. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I spent more time
> today than I care to admit searching this group and the Sony DVDA
> forum until I found a reference to the same idea as in your reply.
> Render in Vegas. Thanks, again.
>
> Steve King

Much better resources exist. My (personal) forum preferences are:

Sony at
http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=4

DMN at
http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugindex.fcgi?forum=sonic-foundry_vegas

Creative Cow at
http://www.uemforums.com/2pop/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=NLE

(lots of) Vegas links at http://www.blue7media.com/vegas/

> Much better resources exist. My (personal) forum preferences are:
>
> Sony at
> http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/forums/ShowTopics.asp?ForumID=4
>
> DMN at
> http://www.dmnforums.com/cgi-bin/displaywwugindex.fcgi?forum=sonic-foundry_vegas
>
> Creative Cow at
> http://www.uemforums.com/2pop/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=NLE
>
> (lots of) Vegas links at http://www.blue7media.com/vegas/
>

> Mike

Thanks. I put them all into my favorites list.

Steve King

terry

I haven't a DVD burner but I believe it is the same as the SVCD's I create
with menu's. I use Studio 8 and when the project is rendered and saved
Studio creates a stu file and does intelligent rendering with both AVI's and
MPEG files So the program only re-renders the change. As I said I have ony
tried it with MPEG2 SVCD's but from the forums comments that applies to DVD
as well. I am a video editing hobbyist and have found Studio to be very easy
to use.

Terry(Guy From Oz)
http://mrtvideo.com