capture error: PAL images as NTSC

Hi

When I capture DV video from my Canon mv20i (PAL) camcorder on Windows
XP, I get an error message, that the driver sends PAL images in NTSC.
The images are blurred. What kind of problem can this be - driver,
camera? I did not use my camera for a couple of months and all
individual settings were lost (time zone, time, ...)

Thanks,

Ostap
3 answers Last reply
More about capture error images ntsc

    What are you using as your capture software and capture device? There are
    plenty to choose from and no one can answer your question without knowing
    what you are using.

    --
    Larry Johnson
    Digital Video Solutions

    "Ostap" <ostap.bender@gmx.net> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > When I capture DV video from my Canon mv20i (PAL) camcorder on Windows
    > XP, I get an error message, that the driver sends PAL images in NTSC.
    > The images are blurred. What kind of problem can this be - driver,
    > camera? I did not use my camera for a couple of months and all
    > individual settings were lost (time zone, time, ...)
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ostap

    I have a "PCI IEEE 1394 Host Adapter" (no name, running with the
    standard windows xp driver). I get the blurred image with both capture
    softwares I tried, Scenalyzer Live and Adobe Premiere 6.0. Scenalyzer
    tells me the error message "driver sends pal images in NTSC". I got
    Windows XP Home Edition. I used the same configuration a few months ago
    and it worked then.

    > What are you using as your capture software and capture device? There
    > are plenty to choose from and no one can answer your question without
    > knowing what you are using.

    If it worked before then there is something you have added since then which
    is creating this problem. Think. What have you updated that is video
    related? The 1394 card driver should not have anything to do with it since
    it is not really a capture device but a simple input output card. There must
    have been some change in the capture driver/codec you are using.

    > I have a "PCI IEEE 1394 Host Adapter" (no name, running with the
    > standard windows xp driver). I get the blurred image with both capture
    > softwares I tried, Scenalyzer Live and Adobe Premiere 6.0. Scenalyzer
    > tells me the error message "driver sends pal images in NTSC". I got
    > Windows XP Home Edition. I used the same configuration a few months ago
    > and it worked then.
    >

    > > What are you using as your capture software and capture device? There
    > > are plenty to choose from and no one can answer your question without
    > > knowing what you are using.

Tuner Cards Cameras Video Graphics