Infra Red Code Number

Hi,

Can anyone help?

I am trying to find a code number 1 to 3 digits to enable my Sony Camcorder
model TRV245E communicate with a Liteon DVD Recorder model LVX 5005.

Thanks

Code number for what piece of equipment, to be input how, at what point in the
"communication" process? To enable or disable what?

Communicate how? IEEE-1394? SVideo? Composite video? Wireless (Sony LaserLink,
etc)?

Finally: What are you trying to do? Record a DVD signal from the DVD to the
camcorder? Record the contents of a miniDV camcorder tape onto a DVD? Both?
Neither?

>Hi,
>
>Can anyone help?
>
>I am trying to find a code number 1 to 3 digits to enable my Sony Camcorder
>model TRV245E communicate with a Liteon DVD Recorder model LVX 5005.
>
>Thanks

webpa

Hi,

I am trying to transfer video footage from my Sony Camcorder model TRV245E,
digital tape, to my Liteon DVD Recorder model LVX 5005 via an AV cable. I
need the code so that my camcorder can pause / start my DVD recorder with an
infra red signal whilst it skips the sections I have edited out of the tape
recording that I don`t want transferring. My operating manual offers lots
of code numbers for various makes of video recorders but nothing for the DVD
recorder I have recently purchased, I suspect this technology wasn`t
commonplace when I purchased the camcorder a couple of years ago.

Cheers,

Nick

"Nick Stafford" <nickstafford@ntlworld.com> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to transfer video footage from my Sony Camcorder model
> TRV245E, digital tape, to my Liteon DVD Recorder model LVX 5005
> via an AV cable. I need the code so that my camcorder can pause /
> start my DVD recorder with an infra red signal whilst it skips the
> sections I have edited out of the tape recording that I don`t want
> transferring. My operating manual offers lots of code numbers for
> various makes of video recorders but nothing for the DVD recorder
> I have recently purchased, I suspect this technology wasn`t
> commonplace when I purchased the camcorder a couple of years ago.
>
> Cheers,

Have you tried each of the available codes? This is a tedious process,
and for me it has rarely ever worked :-(

There are sites for regular remote controls which might address your
specific issue, but I am pessimistic...

http://www.remotecentral.com/

is perhaps a place to start (or google). The site has forums, IIRC

Gino

<SNIP>

--
Gene E. Bloch (Gino) phone 650.966.8481
Call me letters find me at domain blochg whose dot is com