sentinel/safenet post install no network

Can anyone help me with these VPN clients. So far I've tried both of them
and immediately after installing them, rebooting, I'm dead in the water - no
network. Can't even ping my router. I can uninstall them and it works
fine, but not with them installed.

Can anyone help me, please bear with me I'm very new to this VPN stuff and
only have experience on my companies VPN client. (Intel Netstructure).

My end goal is to allow me to connect to my laptop from where ever I maybe
to my home network if/when I want to. I'm running a Netgear FVS318 VPN
router at home with Dynamic DNS and Windows XP on my laptop.

Have you looked at
http://forum.homenethelp.com/SSH_Sentinel_and_Linksys_VPN_-_Another_Setup_Document/m_5590/tm.htm
?

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:06:00 -0700, "Alex Kalemkeris"
<alexk@kalemkeris.net> wrote:

>Can anyone help me with these VPN clients. So far I've tried both of them
>and immediately after installing them, rebooting, I'm dead in the water - no
>network. Can't even ping my router. I can uninstall them and it works
>fine, but not with them installed.
>
>Can anyone help me, please bear with me I'm very new to this VPN stuff and
>only have experience on my companies VPN client. (Intel Netstructure).
>
>My end goal is to allow me to connect to my laptop from where ever I maybe
>to my home network if/when I want to. I'm running a Netgear FVS318 VPN
>router at home with Dynamic DNS and Windows XP on my laptop.

The link doesn't really answer my question. Why is my network connectivity
lost when that application is installed. I need to be able to maintain
connectivity with the VPN disabled.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:uh02k05ria46ng8lr2p613o4o8hni5gm2k@4ax.com...
> Have you looked at
> http://forum.homenethelp.com/SSH_Sentinel_and_Linksys_VPN_-_Another_Setup_Document/m_5590/tm.htm
> ?
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:06:00 -0700, "Alex Kalemkeris"
> <alexk@kalemkeris.net> wrote:
>
>>Can anyone help me with these VPN clients. So far I've tried both of them
>>and immediately after installing them, rebooting, I'm dead in the water -
>>no
>>network. Can't even ping my router. I can uninstall them and it works
>>fine, but not with them installed.
>>
>>Can anyone help me, please bear with me I'm very new to this VPN stuff and
>>only have experience on my companies VPN client. (Intel Netstructure).
>>
>>My end goal is to allow me to connect to my laptop from where ever I maybe
>>to my home network if/when I want to. I'm running a Netgear FVS318 VPN
>>router at home with Dynamic DNS and Windows XP on my laptop.

Explain your network... The client should have no interaction when
you don't use the VPN...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 23:41:19 -0700, "Alex Kalemkeris"
<alexk@kalemkeris.net> wrote:

>The link doesn't really answer my question. Why is my network connectivity
>lost when that application is installed. I need to be able to maintain
>connectivity with the VPN disabled.
>

>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
>in message news:uh02k05ria46ng8lr2p613o4o8hni5gm2k@4ax.com...
>> Have you looked at
>> http://forum.homenethelp.com/SSH_Sentinel_and_Linksys_VPN_-_Another_Setup_Document/m_5590/tm.htm
>> ?
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:06:00 -0700, "Alex Kalemkeris"
>> <alexk@kalemkeris.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Can anyone help me with these VPN clients. So far I've tried both of them
>>>and immediately after installing them, rebooting, I'm dead in the water -
>>>no
>>>network. Can't even ping my router. I can uninstall them and it works
>>>fine, but not with them installed.
>>>
>>>Can anyone help me, please bear with me I'm very new to this VPN stuff and
>>>only have experience on my companies VPN client. (Intel Netstructure).
>>>
>>>My end goal is to allow me to connect to my laptop from where ever I maybe
>>>to my home network if/when I want to. I'm running a Netgear FVS318 VPN
>>>router at home with Dynamic DNS and Windows XP on my laptop.

I agree, that's what confuses me.

Cable modem --> FVS318 --> DMZ VoIP
--> wired network in house --> 1
port uses a linksys wireless router --> WinXP client with VPN software.

All I do is with my computer connected to the above network via wireless,
install the client and reboot. After reboot I have no network connectivity.
It can't even find the wireless router. Uninstall and reboot, works just
fine. I've seen this wiith both Softremote and Sentinel

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:2lq4k09b6gone273ciurn8ai9l8ksddk24@4ax.com...
> Explain your network... The client should have no interaction when
> you don't use the VPN...
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)

> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 23:41:19 -0700, "Alex Kalemkeris"
> <alexk@kalemkeris.net> wrote:
>
>>The link doesn't really answer my question. Why is my network
>>connectivity
>>lost when that application is installed. I need to be able to maintain
>>connectivity with the VPN disabled.
>>

>>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
>>wrote
>>in message news:uh02k05ria46ng8lr2p613o4o8hni5gm2k@4ax.com...
>>> Have you looked at
>>> http://forum.homenethelp.com/SSH_Sentinel_and_Linksys_VPN_-_Another_Setup_Document/m_5590/tm.htm
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>>
>>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>>
>>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

So your network includes two different NAT gateways? (i.e., the FVS
then a linksys router) Many networking technologies definately do not
function well in the multi-NAT-environment...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:34:32 -0700, "Alex Kalemkeris"
<alexk@kalemkeris.net> wrote:

>I agree, that's what confuses me.
>

>Cable modem --> FVS318 --> DMZ VoIP
> --> wired network in house --> 1
>port uses a linksys wireless router --> WinXP client with VPN software.
>
>All I do is with my computer connected to the above network via wireless,
>install the client and reboot. After reboot I have no network connectivity.
>It can't even find the wireless router. Uninstall and reboot, works just
>fine. I've seen this wiith both Softremote and Sentinel
>

>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
>in message news:2lq4k09b6gone273ciurn8ai9l8ksddk24@4ax.com...
>> Explain your network... The client should have no interaction when
>> you don't use the VPN...
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 23:41:19 -0700, "Alex Kalemkeris"
>> <alexk@kalemkeris.net> wrote:
>>
>>>The link doesn't really answer my question. Why is my network
>>>connectivity
>>>lost when that application is installed. I need to be able to maintain
>>>connectivity with the VPN disabled.
>>>

>>>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
>>>wrote
>>>in message news:uh02k05ria46ng8lr2p613o4o8hni5gm2k@4ax.com...

I'm probably should have clarified that. Even though the linksys is a
router, I'm not using the router portion of it. DHCP is provided by the
FVS, and I'm only using the LAN side of the linksys. There is nothing
connected to the WAN port of the linksys. Effectively there is only one
network on the internal side.

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:gne7k0l5dq1m7euo5jbgeb52mm39b8r0id@4ax.com...