Offline files turns off after I reboot computer

I enable OFFLINE FILES for use on my laptop and configure everything - it
works great. i unplug the network cable and I can see my offline files and
work with them. I re-connect the network and I can synchronize.

However, when I turn off the computer and turn it on again, my "Enable
offline files" is not checked anymore. I turn it on again, and all my files
show up.

What's going on? I'm leaving for a 3 week business trip in a couple days and
I can't afford to not have these files on my laptop. Does anyone know what
the problem might be?

thanks,

walt

Do you use a Cisco VPN client?

If so, look at http://tinyurl.com/6nu9g

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 22:21:01 -0700, "Walt"
<Walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I enable OFFLINE FILES for use on my laptop and configure everything - it
>works great. i unplug the network cable and I can see my offline files and
>work with them. I re-connect the network and I can synchronize.
>
>However, when I turn off the computer and turn it on again, my "Enable
>offline files" is not checked anymore. I turn it on again, and all my files
>show up.
>
>What's going on? I'm leaving for a 3 week business trip in a couple days and
>I can't afford to not have these files on my laptop. Does anyone know what
>the problem might be?
>
>thanks,
>
>walt

I have exactly the same problem with the same symptoms. I do not however use
the Cisco VPN client, or any other special client software.

The steps to reproduce are exactly as the originator of the thread
describes. My machine is brand new, with an update to SP2 and Office 2003
installed. All the latest patches and updates are applied to both.

I did locate an option for not synchronizing when on battery power, so I
tried toggling it. Unfortunately it did not help.

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.

Robert