Problems setting up a remote desktop

I have a PC hardwired to my router and then a Notebook that is wireless. When
I try to connect remotely to either one it says that the other does not have
remote desktop enabled. I know this is a very easy fix but where do I go to
enable remote desktop?

Erik
2 answers Last reply
More about problems setting remote desktop

    Control Panel, System, Remote.

    Erik wrote:
    > I have a PC hardwired to my router and then a Notebook that is
    > wireless. When I try to connect remotely to either one it says that
    > the other does not have remote desktop enabled. I know this is a very
    > easy fix but where do I go to enable remote desktop?
    >
    > Erik

    I have the same problem except all my PC's are hardwired
    to my switch. I am trying to remote desktop within my
    LAN. I am not running a domain, and have ran the Network
    Setup Wizard on all 3 XP machines and I am able to see
    all computers in My Network Places from all 3 stations.
    I can also \\computername\c$ into them.

    There is only one machine that is not accepting a
    connection. I have tried enabling, disabling, and re-
    enabling the service through ControlPanel/System/Remote
    but to no avail. This machine is running SP1. I was
    able to enable the service on the other 2 machines
    successfully. Any advice will be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Mike

Remote Desktop Microsoft Windows XP