Erik

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I have a PC hardwired to my router and then a Notebook that is wireless. When
I try to connect remotely to either one it says that the other does not have
remote desktop enabled. I know this is a very easy fix but where do I go to
enable remote desktop?

Erik

Control Panel, System, Remote.

Erik wrote:
> I have a PC hardwired to my router and then a Notebook that is
> wireless. When I try to connect remotely to either one it says that
> the other does not have remote desktop enabled. I know this is a very
> easy fix but where do I go to enable remote desktop?
>
> Erik

Mike

Splendid

I have the same problem except all my PC's are hardwired
to my switch. I am trying to remote desktop within my
LAN. I am not running a domain, and have ran the Network
Setup Wizard on all 3 XP machines and I am able to see
all computers in My Network Places from all 3 stations.
I can also \\computername\c$ into them.

There is only one machine that is not accepting a
connection. I have tried enabling, disabling, and re-
enabling the service through ControlPanel/System/Remote
but to no avail. This machine is running SP1. I was
able to enable the service on the other 2 machines
successfully. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike