Using a Camcorder to do VHS to DVD

Anyone know what the cheapest camcorder that has an av to dv pass-through
option for use in the UK - Also is this a sensible route to go ? Any help
appreciated.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about using camcorder

    I have a Sony TRV-DCR530 (used from eBay) , a 2nd generation Digital-8
    camcorder about 5 years old. It does pass-through superbly, also plays V8 and
    Hi8 through its inbuilt TBC (excellent results) to the FireWire/iLink/IEEE-1394
    output.

    IIRC, ALL Sony 1st gen Digital 8s did passthrough, most 2nd gen, and the upper
    half of 3rd gen (current models, more or less). It was a big selling feature
    for Digital-8. You might find a suitable Sony model for a hundred £ or less.

    >Anyone know what the cheapest camcorder that has an av to dv pass-through
    >option for use in the UK - Also is this a sensible route to go ? Any help
    >appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks

    webpa

    Also all Canon ZR series DV mini-cams from the 60 on up have digital
    pass-thru.
    UB

    "WEBPA" <webpa@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Sony TRV-DCR530 (used from eBay) , a 2nd generation Digital-8
    > camcorder about 5 years old. It does pass-through superbly, also plays V8
    and
    > Hi8 through its inbuilt TBC (excellent results) to the
    FireWire/iLink/IEEE-1394
    > output.
    >
    > IIRC, ALL Sony 1st gen Digital 8s did passthrough, most 2nd gen, and the
    upper
    > half of 3rd gen (current models, more or less). It was a big selling
    feature
    > for Digital-8. You might find a suitable Sony model for a hundred £ or
    less.

    > >Anyone know what the cheapest camcorder that has an av to dv pass-through
    > >option for use in the UK - Also is this a sensible route to go ? Any help
    > >appreciated.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    >
    > webpa

Tuner Cards DVD Desktops Camcorders Graphics