Using a Camcorder to do VHS to DVD

Anyone know what the cheapest camcorder that has an av to dv pass-through
option for use in the UK - Also is this a sensible route to go ? Any help
appreciated.

Thanks

I have a Sony TRV-DCR530 (used from eBay) , a 2nd generation Digital-8
camcorder about 5 years old. It does pass-through superbly, also plays V8 and
Hi8 through its inbuilt TBC (excellent results) to the FireWire/iLink/IEEE-1394
output.

IIRC, ALL Sony 1st gen Digital 8s did passthrough, most 2nd gen, and the upper
half of 3rd gen (current models, more or less). It was a big selling feature
for Digital-8. You might find a suitable Sony model for a hundred £ or less.

>Anyone know what the cheapest camcorder that has an av to dv pass-through
>option for use in the UK - Also is this a sensible route to go ? Any help
>appreciated.
>
>Thanks

webpa

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Also all Canon ZR series DV mini-cams from the 60 on up have digital
pass-thru.
UB

"WEBPA" <webpa@aol.com> wrote in message
> I have a Sony TRV-DCR530 (used from eBay) , a 2nd generation Digital-8
> camcorder about 5 years old. It does pass-through superbly, also plays V8
and
> Hi8 through its inbuilt TBC (excellent results) to the
FireWire/iLink/IEEE-1394
> output.
>
> IIRC, ALL Sony 1st gen Digital 8s did passthrough, most 2nd gen, and the
upper
> half of 3rd gen (current models, more or less). It was a big selling
feature
> for Digital-8. You might find a suitable Sony model for a hundred £ or
less.

> >Anyone know what the cheapest camcorder that has an av to dv pass-through
> >option for use in the UK - Also is this a sensible route to go ? Any help
> >appreciated.
> >
> >Thanks
>
> webpa

TRENDING THREADS