Problems with DivX -> VCD conversion attempt

I'm trying to convert a DivX movie to VCD format. I've googled the
question, and haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution to the
problem.

The program I tried using was called "DVD2SVCD" with the encoder
TMPGEnc. When I tried converting the DivX file to VCD format, I get a
bunch of files that make little sense. There's an MP2 audio file (ok),
and there's also a WAV file that's around 500 MB big (?!) In addition
to that, the movie file itself is unplayable on Windows Media Player.

I don't know if I'm using wrong settings, wrong codecs, or wrong
programs. The DivX file plays just fine, but I can't seem to convert
it to a different format. Anybody have a straightforward way of
converting DivX files into VCD format?

"Space is really big...
We are Pakleds.
We are far from home.
Our ship is the Mondor
-- It is broken!
We look for things.
Things we need.
To make us go."

On 10 Dec 2004 11:22:56 -0800, opticreep@yahoo.com wrote:

>I'm trying to convert a DivX movie to VCD format. I've googled the
>question, and haven't been able to find a satisfactory solution to the
>problem.
>
>The program I tried using was called "DVD2SVCD" with the encoder
>TMPGEnc.

You should have used Tmpgenc directly. Your source material is not
DVD, after all.

Open the Avi in Tmgpenc, load the VCD template, click start, and you
shall get a VCD compliant .mpg file. To author it, you can use Nero,
VCDEasy, ...