More Remote Desktop problems...

September 9, 2004 11:31:08 AM

I'm a new user to remote desktop and I'm having problems setting it up. I
think it might have something to do with a firewall on my router. Is there
any way to find out what port will by-pass the router so that I can connect?

Erik
September 9, 2004 11:39:03 AM

Even when I click <browse for more..> and then click my workgroup i get it
says that my domain does not contain any terminal servers.

"Erik" wrote:

> I'm a new user to remote desktop and I'm having problems setting it up. I
> think it might have something to do with a firewall on my router. Is there
> any way to find out what port will by-pass the router so that I can connect?
>
> Erik
September 9, 2004 10:20:50 PM

Erik,

It would help to know a little more about what you are trying to do.

you need to open/forward port 3389 on the firewall to the local machine that
is running XP Pro.

--
Don't have the need for a full time IT staff, Contact Sean.
For all of your IT needs SCD@ourfamilyzoo.net.

Does remote desktop only work when one computer is XP Pro?

I just want to connect to remotely

"Sean" wrote:

> Erik,
>
> It would help to know a little more about what you are trying to do.
>
> you need to open/forward port 3389 on the firewall to the local machine that
> is running XP Pro.
>

> --
> Don't have the need for a full time IT staff, Contact Sean.
> For all of your IT needs SCD@ourfamilyzoo.net.

Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:31:59 AM

The PC your trying to connect to with Remote Desktop must be running XP Pro. The client can be
pretty much any flavor of Windows, LINUX or a Mac.

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

!