Not getting prompted to install ActiveX Control?!?!

I've read through several posts here, and even tried to install the activex
control myself (which it seemed to do, but doesn't seem to work).

Here is the situation...
I can get to my Remote Desktop Web Screen, but when I click on connect I get
an error (lower right hand part of IE), which is "Invalid procedure call or
agrument". I've tried from other computers, and can connect successfully, so
I know it is just this PC.

The problem seems to be it never prompts me to install the ActiveX Control
into IE (which iti did on the other systems I tried).

Is there someway to forcibly install the control into IE?

Thanks,
Dave Green
1 answer Last reply
More about prompted install activex control

    Are you logged in with administrative priveleges?

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 08:27:05 -0700, "daveg"
    <daveg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I've read through several posts here, and even tried to install the activex
    >control myself (which it seemed to do, but doesn't seem to work).
    >
    >Here is the situation...
    >I can get to my Remote Desktop Web Screen, but when I click on connect I get
    >an error (lower right hand part of IE), which is "Invalid procedure call or
    >agrument". I've tried from other computers, and can connect successfully, so
    >I know it is just this PC.
    >
    >The problem seems to be it never prompts me to install the ActiveX Control
    >into IE (which iti did on the other systems I tried).
    >
    >Is there someway to forcibly install the control into IE?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Dave Green

Internet Explorer Activex Windows XP