How do I connect to SOHO WLANs

Hi All
I live about 5 miles away from my friends house and we would like to
use wireless outdoor anttenas to connect our home networks. We do not
know where to begin. Please help!!
Brandon

Mike

Splendid

not over 5miles!
maybe 50mts but that's about the range limit

mike

mike

"brandon" <brandonabrahams@ananzi.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I live about 5 miles away from my friends house and we would like to
> use wireless outdoor anttenas to connect our home networks. We do not
> know where to begin. Please help!!
> Brandon

---

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

5 miles? Yeah some people did it as special graduate project.

You would have to install Towers at the both ends. Depending on the terrain
the Towers might be 30'-50' high. You would have to put an Access Point with
Highly Directional Antenna at the top, and make sure that the hardware can
stand Physically and Electronically the Weather.

You would need survey tool and good maps so you can point the Antennae
facing precisely one the other.

It is a lot of learning and a lot of work.

Link to:
ntennas / Range Boosting.

Jack (MVP-Networking).

"brandon" <brandonabrahams@ananzi.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi All
> I live about 5 miles away from my friends house and we would like to
> use wireless outdoor anttenas to connect our home networks. We do not
> know where to begin. Please help!!
> Brandon

Brandon
Go to http://www.freenet-antennas.com/ You will get lots of useful info