Netmeeting is setup w/ remote desktop, but for some reason
the computer will not accept calls. I also installed
winVNC to try and work around but the same thing
happens. I can make calls out from the system, but
incoming ones don't work.

Is the PC running any type of personal firewall software? That would certainly block the required
ports for NetMeeting and VNC and other similar applications...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Denver" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Netmeeting is setup w/ remote desktop, but for some reason
> the computer will not accept calls. I also installed
> winVNC to try and work around but the same thing
> happens. I can make calls out from the system, but
> incoming ones don't work.

There is the winxp personal firewall, but i setup the
correct ports and such, i even disabled the firewall and
still no luck... thanks...

for the mutual benefit of all of us...
>The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
confers no rights...

>"Denver" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Netmeeting is setup w/ remote desktop, but for some
reason
>> the computer will not accept calls. I also installed
>> winVNC to try and work around but the same thing
>> happens. I can make calls out from the system, but
>> incoming ones don't work.
>
>.

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Are you using a "Router"?

--
Don't have the need for a full time IT staff, Contact Sean.
For all of your IT needs SCD@ourfamilyzoo.net.

Well, we are behind a pix firewall but i'm trying to
connect from a local system. All the other systems work
fine it's just this one... I've removed and reinstalled
netmeeting as well as update it w/ SP2... I think it has
something to do w/ the local incoming ports...

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just a "stupid" question, you are using standard ports for this? And the
machine is on the same workgroup/domain?