session keeping popping up "Help and Support Center" dialogs

When connected from several different clients to an XP
Pro machine everything works fine but frequently (it's
hard to type an email without it happening) one of these
dialogs pops up on the remote desktop session and steals
quite a few keystrokes before you realize it. I have
closed it many times and tried leaving it open but
pulling the window I am working on in front and it eithe
comes back or comes back to the foreground. Anyone ever
seen this before? The machine didn't do this before SP2
but I think it was fine after that (not certain) and now
it's so hard to use this functionality which is very
important to my work

Randall

I am having the exact same issue except that I am only connecting from one XP
Pro SP2 machine to an XP Pro SP2 "host" machine. It's driving me insane and
making my remote desktop nearly unusable as regularly while typing these
"Help and Support Center" windows keep coming up and stealing the window
focus and wasting my typing or keystroke to go down or up and email using the
arrow keys or whatever. I was thinking it might have something to do with my
Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard but it doesn't seem to be
related.

Dave Spragg

"Randall Snopes" wrote:

> When connected from several different clients to an XP
> Pro machine everything works fine but frequently (it's
> hard to type an email without it happening) one of these
> dialogs pops up on the remote desktop session and steals
> quite a few keystrokes before you realize it. I have
> closed it many times and tried leaving it open but
> pulling the window I am working on in front and it eithe
> comes back or comes back to the foreground. Anyone ever
> seen this before? The machine didn't do this before SP2
> but I think it was fine after that (not certain) and now
> it's so hard to use this functionality which is very
> important to my work
>
> Randall

If both of you can tie the timing of this occurrence into the SP2 change,
I'd suggest Microsoft PSS free support for SP2 issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;Prodoffer80

"DaveSpragg" <DaveSpragg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having the exact same issue except that I am only connecting from one
>XP
> Pro SP2 machine to an XP Pro SP2 "host" machine. It's driving me insane
> and
> making my remote desktop nearly unusable as regularly while typing these
> "Help and Support Center" windows keep coming up and stealing the window
> focus and wasting my typing or keystroke to go down or up and email using
> the
> arrow keys or whatever. I was thinking it might have something to do with
> my
> Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard but it doesn't seem to be
> related.
>
> Dave Spragg
>
> "Randall Snopes" wrote:
>
>> When connected from several different clients to an XP
>> Pro machine everything works fine but frequently (it's
>> hard to type an email without it happening) one of these
>> dialogs pops up on the remote desktop session and steals
>> quite a few keystrokes before you realize it. I have
>> closed it many times and tried leaving it open but
>> pulling the window I am working on in front and it eithe
>> comes back or comes back to the foreground. Anyone ever
>> seen this before? The machine didn't do this before SP2
>> but I think it was fine after that (not certain) and now
>> it's so hard to use this functionality which is very
>> important to my work
>>
>> Randall

I have tied this problem to something with the client
machines docking station or the wireless keyboard and
mouse that are plugged into it. Still no clue what it is
but I can't replicate the issue when using just the
laptop keyboard and the built in joystick-type mouse.

Any hints/guesses/answers great appreciated. I looked at
the config programs for the mouse and keyboard and found
nothing that looks like it would change this. Any key or
mouse-click seems like it can launch these windows but
mostly commonly it seems to happen when using shift or
ctrl or something like that for a symbol and such.

Dave