Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Remote Desktop Connection

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:33:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name entered into
the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen when
executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to be
unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the logon?
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 11:12:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

This works for me with XP hosts on a domain. What OS is on the host and is
it in a domain or not?

"Scott Laser" <Scott Laser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:499492B5-F6EA-4D27-B58E-B061D7719B40@microsoft.com...
> Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name entered
> into
> the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen
> when
> executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to be
> unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the
> logon?
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 2:08:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Per a post in the TS newsgroup, check
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=309408

This error is due to different crypto APIs on the different OS's.

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 05:33:08 -0700, "Scott Laser" <Scott
Laser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name entered into
>the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen when
>executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to be
>unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the logon?
Related resources
Anonymous
September 13, 2004 12:03:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Further study of this showed me that a change to the Group Policy on the host
machine would allow me to perform this function. See KB article 324807, "How
to use Group Policy to Configure Automatic Logon in Windows Server 2003
Terminal Services"

"Scott Laser" wrote:

> Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name entered into
> the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen when
> executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to be
> unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the logon?
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 4:51:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

"Scott Laser" wrote:

> Further study of this showed me that a change to the Group Policy on the host
> machine would allow me to perform this function. See KB article 324807, "How
> to use Group Policy to Configure Automatic Logon in Windows Server 2003
> Terminal Services"
>
> "Scott Laser" wrote:
>
> > Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name entered into
> > the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen when
> > executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to be
> > unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the logon?
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 4:51:05 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

hey not work remote asstanice wont work huh

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> This works for me with XP hosts on a domain. What OS is on the host and is
> it in a domain or not?
>
> "Scott Laser" <Scott Laser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:499492B5-F6EA-4D27-B58E-B061D7719B40@microsoft.com...
> > Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name entered
> > into
> > the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen
> > when
> > executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to be
> > unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the
> > logon?
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 15, 2004 12:20:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Want to try starting a new thread and explaining that a little better?

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to use Remote Assistance, and
having some unspecified difficulty. It'll help to lay out in detail just
what you are trying to do--and what happens--what error message, etc.

"WolfSloan_2004@msn" <WolfSloan_2004@msn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:90E0BBBD-A62B-4D97-BDE5-6024E0BF2F64@microsoft.com...
> hey not work remote asstanice wont work huh
>
> "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
>
>> This works for me with XP hosts on a domain. What OS is on the host and
>> is
>> it in a domain or not?
>>
>> "Scott Laser" <Scott Laser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:499492B5-F6EA-4D27-B58E-B061D7719B40@microsoft.com...
>> > Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name
>> > entered
>> > into
>> > the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen
>> > when
>> > executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to
>> > be
>> > unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the
>> > logon?
>>
>>
>>
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 9:05:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

To clarify:
Host machine is a Windows 2003 server.
Client is XP or Windows 2000 (with the RDC update downloaded).
I am attempting to connect to the Windows 2003 host to run a script located
on that host and want to perform the process without user intervention.
Unfortunately without a local group policy change (see my previous thread on
the KB article) on the 2003 host, executing my RDP file on a client machine
takes me to a logon prompt on the Windows 2003 server that requires filling
in the password manually(although this information was properly entered in
the RDP file).
The local group policy change on the Windows 2003 server allows me to logon
to the server from a client using RDC without user intervention - perform
the script after which the connection to the 2003 host closes.
As an aside: I have since created a "Scheduled" task on the host machine
that executes my local script. I send a command from my client to run this
task as needed. I no longer need RDC to execute my script.
Please note that the reason I had to resort to these methods was because
some executables cannot be run from a remote machine and do not support even
telnetting to a host to run - for instance the program I was trying to run
was "devcon" to refresh specific hardware (in my case SCSI drives) on the
host.

"WolfSloan_2004@msn" wrote:

>
>
> "Scott Laser" wrote:
>
> > Further study of this showed me that a change to the Group Policy on the host
> > machine would allow me to perform this function. See KB article 324807, "How
> > to use Group Policy to Configure Automatic Logon in Windows Server 2003
> > Terminal Services"
> >
> > "Scott Laser" wrote:
> >
> > > Although I have a proper account name, password, and domain name entered into
> > > the configuration dialog box of RDC, I still arrive at the logon screen when
> > > executing the rdp file. I expected an additional logon (password) to be
> > > unnecessary. Is the a configuration change that allows me to skip the logon?
!