Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Stream 1024x768 full motion screen, need how much bandwidt..

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
September 11, 2004 2:36:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

is it possible to do so for IEEE802.11b/g ?

thanks for answer.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 2:36:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

You need more than bandwidth.. You will need fairly incredible
hardware at the server side to re-encapsulate the video stream to send
over the LAN...

Useing something like Media Server (or one of the OSS equivalents) to
stream the video would give you much better results....

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:36:26 +0800, "Fortress" <f@f.co> wrote:

>is it possible to do so for IEEE802.11b/g ?
>
>thanks for answer.
>
September 11, 2004 3:33:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

thanks for your answer

but i'm not streaming video , i'm using remote desktop to play OpenGL
video games.

don't know is it possible to do it in Remote Desktop.

how about IEEE 802.11a ?


"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:92r4k0h2gg3csk0lfn79q1721ti3ci75jc@4ax.com...
> You need more than bandwidth.. You will need fairly incredible
> hardware at the server side to re-encapsulate the video stream to
> send
> over the LAN...
>
> Useing something like Media Server (or one of the OSS equivalents)
> to
> stream the video would give you much better results....
>
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>
> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
> be answered depending on time availability....
>
> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
> Windows XP Expert Zone -
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>
> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:36:26 +0800, "Fortress" <f@f.co> wrote:
>
>>is it possible to do so for IEEE802.11b/g ?
>>
>>thanks for answer.
>>
>
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 2:00:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

A faster network will help, but you will still experience lag due to
the overhead of the remote desktop protocol...

Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com

Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
be answered depending on time availability....

Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 11:33:31 +0800, "Fortress" <f@f.co> wrote:

>thanks for your answer
>
>but i'm not streaming video , i'm using remote desktop to play OpenGL
>video games.
>
>don't know is it possible to do it in Remote Desktop.
>
>how about IEEE 802.11a ?
>
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com>
>¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:92r4k0h2gg3csk0lfn79q1721ti3ci75jc@4ax.com...
>> You need more than bandwidth.. You will need fairly incredible
>> hardware at the server side to re-encapsulate the video stream to
>> send
>> over the LAN...
>>
>> Useing something like Media Server (or one of the OSS equivalents)
>> to
>> stream the video would give you much better results....
>>
>> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
>> jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
>>
>> Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
>> of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
>> be answered depending on time availability....
>>
>> Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
>> http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
>> Windows XP Expert Zone -
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>
>> On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 10:36:26 +0800, "Fortress" <f@f.co> wrote:
>>
>>>is it possible to do so for IEEE802.11b/g ?
>>>
>>>thanks for answer.
>>>
>>
>
!