How to "rip" a dvd?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 11, 2004 8:57:12 PM

I have a DVD-ROM drive (LG model GDR-8163B). What is a SIMPLE way,
preferably using freeware, to "rip" a dvd to my hard drive and then edit
and archive to VCD or SVCD (I have an LiteOn external CD-R/RW drive)? I
have VideoStudio 7 DVD SE that came with my DVDXpress from ADSTech, so I
can already do this with VHS but how do I do it with a DVD? I tried going
to http://www.videohelp.com/ but couldn't see how to navigate the site to
get the info I need.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Ule

More about : rip dvd

December 12, 2004 4:51:56 PM

DVDx is my tool of choice and its free
SVCD or VCD

Terry(The Guy From Oz)
http://mrtvideo.com

"U. U." <uubonfig@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a DVD-ROM drive (LG model GDR-8163B). What is a SIMPLE way,
> preferably using freeware, to "rip" a dvd to my hard drive and then edit
> and archive to VCD or SVCD (I have an LiteOn external CD-R/RW drive)? I
> have VideoStudio 7 DVD SE that came with my DVDXpress from ADSTech, so I
> can already do this with VHS but how do I do it with a DVD? I tried going
> to http://www.videohelp.com/ but couldn't see how to navigate the site to
> get the info I need.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Ule
Anonymous
December 23, 2004 1:57:14 AM

U. U. wrote:
> I have a DVD-ROM drive (LG model GDR-8163B). What is a SIMPLE way,
> preferably using freeware, to "rip" a dvd to my hard drive and then edit
> and archive to VCD or SVCD (I have an LiteOn external CD-R/RW drive)? I
> have VideoStudio 7 DVD SE that came with my DVDXpress from ADSTech, so I
> can already do this with VHS but how do I do it with a DVD? I tried going
> to http://www.videohelp.com/ but couldn't see how to navigate the site to
> get the info I need.
>
> Any help would be really appreciated.
>
> Ule

Since you're trying to back up a DVD, why don't you click on the 'DVD
backup' button at the side at videohelp.com ? From there , look to
whatever you want to convert to. Why don't you convert it to DivX; ?

jason b

--

For me , said Sherlock Holmes, "there still remains the cocaine bottle,"
and he reached his hand up for it.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~jabean
http://musicpage.kicks-ass.org/
!