How to "rip" a dvd?

I have a DVD-ROM drive (LG model GDR-8163B). What is a SIMPLE way,
preferably using freeware, to "rip" a dvd to my hard drive and then edit
and archive to VCD or SVCD (I have an LiteOn external CD-R/RW drive)? I
have VideoStudio 7 DVD SE that came with my DVDXpress from ADSTech, so I
can already do this with VHS but how do I do it with a DVD? I tried going
to http://www.videohelp.com/ but couldn't see how to navigate the site to
get the info I need.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Ule
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    DVDx is my tool of choice and its free
    SVCD or VCD

    Terry(The Guy From Oz)
    http://mrtvideo.com

    U. U. wrote:
    > I have a DVD-ROM drive (LG model GDR-8163B). What is a SIMPLE way,
    > preferably using freeware, to "rip" a dvd to my hard drive and then edit
    > and archive to VCD or SVCD (I have an LiteOn external CD-R/RW drive)? I
    > have VideoStudio 7 DVD SE that came with my DVDXpress from ADSTech, so I
    > can already do this with VHS but how do I do it with a DVD? I tried going
    > to http://www.videohelp.com/ but couldn't see how to navigate the site to
    > get the info I need.
    >
    > Any help would be really appreciated.
    >
    > Ule

    Since you're trying to back up a DVD, why don't you click on the 'DVD
    backup' button at the side at videohelp.com ? From there , look to
    whatever you want to convert to. Why don't you convert it to DivX; ?

    jason b

    --

    For me , said Sherlock Holmes, "there still remains the cocaine bottle,"
    and he reached his hand up for it.

    http://home.cogeco.ca/~jabean
    http://musicpage.kicks-ass.org/

Tuner Cards DVD Graphics