Recording sound with Digital camera

I just heard the most fantastic recording of a Nightingale (in the
newsgroup rec.birds) and the gentleman who submitted it says that the
recording was made on a digital camera! He then put it on a web site for
all to hear.

I have a Canon Power shot SD 100 that I can attach sound memo to images.
Can someone tell me where to find info on making sound "images" like the
one I heard.

bj

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Big John wrote:
> I just heard the most fantastic recording of a Nightingale (in the
> newsgroup rec.birds) and the gentleman who submitted it says that the
> recording was made on a digital camera! He then put it on a web site
> for all to hear.
>
> I have a Canon Power shot SD 100 that I can attach sound memo to
> images. Can someone tell me where to find info on making sound
> "images" like the one I heard.
>
> bj

If you supplied a link is would be helpful. I would enjoy the sounds
myself. I make recordings of birds that I shoot in DV video separate with
remote mic to receiver that is connected to sound card of laptop. I use
various mics connected to Radio Shack 900Mhz 8 channel Wireless Audio Link
http://tinyurl.com/a3kvg and http://tinyurl.com/e2uu4 Receiver. I use Nero
SoundTrax for recording and editing SW. I then lay the audio clip into the
video for great results. You could also make available clip stream from web
site while viewing photos.

J.

Sorry about that - I intended to include the link and forgot to-- It's
http://oldy.altervista.org/.

BJ

John wrote:
> Big John wrote:
>
>>I just heard the most fantastic recording of a Nightingale (in the
>>newsgroup rec.birds) and the gentleman who submitted it says that the
>>recording was made on a digital camera! He then put it on a web site
>>for all to hear.
>>
>>I have a Canon Power shot SD 100 that I can attach sound memo to
>>images. Can someone tell me where to find info on making sound
>>"images" like the one I heard.
>>
>>bj
>

> If you supplied a link is would be helpful. I would enjoy the sounds
> myself. I make recordings of birds that I shoot in DV video separate with
> remote mic to receiver that is connected to sound card of laptop. I use
> various mics connected to Radio Shack 900Mhz 8 channel Wireless Audio Link
> http://tinyurl.com/a3kvg and http://tinyurl.com/e2uu4 Receiver. I use Nero
> SoundTrax for recording and editing SW. I then lay the audio clip into the
> video for great results. You could also make available clip stream from web
> site while viewing photos.
>
> J.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Big John wrote:
> Sorry about that - I intended to include the link and forgot to-- It's
> http://oldy.altervista.org/.
>
> BJ

Thanks for the link but for some reason I hear no sound. I will have to see
what is going on with that. After I responded I was wondering if it might
have been more than you intended and actually wanted to record directly from
your camera's mic. Sorry if I did not directly answer your question.

J.

That's weird!! I just tried it on the above link and it worked for me.
When you click on the link, it should open a page with 6 small sound
charts - I don't know the technical name for them but you know -- the
squiggly lines that looks like a seismograph chart -- you must click on
each one and download and open or save a ".wav" file, and whatever
program you use to play music (Musicmatch Jukebox, Real Audio or windows
Media Player)should kick in and play up a storm!

Hope this makes sense. Good luck--

FWIW I tried recording a cardinal on my digital camera this afternoon,
but I was standing too close to a fountain - got an excellent recording
on the fountain, with the cardinal in the background. Now I have to
figure out how to get the recording into my computer.It may just be a
simple matter of downloading the file - I just haven't tried yet.

BJ

John wrote:
> Big John wrote:
>
>>Sorry about that - I intended to include the link and forgot to-- It's
>>http://oldy.altervista.org/.
>>
>>BJ
>>

> Thanks for the link but for some reason I hear no sound. I will have to see
> what is going on with that. After I responded I was wondering if it might
> have been more than you intended and actually wanted to record directly from
> your camera's mic. Sorry if I did not directly answer your question.
>
> J.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Big John wrote:
> That's weird!! I just tried it on the above link and it worked for me.
> When you click on the link, it should open a page with 6 small sound
> charts - I don't know the technical name for them but you know -- the
> squiggly lines that looks like a seismograph chart -- you must click
> on each one and download and open or save a ".wav" file, and whatever
> program you use to play music (Musicmatch Jukebox, Real Audio or
> windows Media Player)should kick in and play up a storm!
>
> Hope this makes sense. Good luck--

I get everything right but I hear no sound. I check all my settings and
they are fine. I open Quicktime and it plays other sound files ok but still
no audio from the links. I am sure it must be something on my end but I am
disappointed I have not gotten to listen.

J.