question about repair

I understand there is no way to definitively answer my question but am
intereste in "educated opinions". I have a Sony CD-500 digital camera with
a Sony F32X flash. Unfortunately, both found their way into a bucket of
water. I turned them off, tried to dry as much as possible but neither will
come up when turned on.

Do you think it is worth sending for repair or are they trash?

Jackie L Preston

Insurance coverage? The equipment would need dissassembly and
cleaning, and you can bet on the almost certainty that some components
will be damaged. Unfortunately, turning it on while there is any trace
of water inside tends to cause further damage to any bits that might
have been ok... )O:

I would donate it to someone who loves tinkering, and let them have a
go at pulling it all apart and cleaning it. But unless that bucket
contained pure distilled water and you got them out instantly and dried
them perfectly.. I think you now own two pieces of toast..

Are you up to relating the story? (O;

I'm intrigued, although I bet it was embarrassing...

"Jackie Preston" <jlpreston@nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message
> I understand there is no way to definitively answer my question but am
> intereste in "educated opinions". I have a Sony CD-500 digital camera
with
> a Sony F32X flash. Unfortunately, both found their way into a bucket of
> water. I turned them off, tried to dry as much as possible but neither
will
> come up when turned on.
>
> Do you think it is worth sending for repair or are they trash?
>
> Jackie L Preston

They may be trash.

You can try Sony Support and see how much the repair would be.
http://esupport.sony.com/

However remove the batteries. Remove the memory card. Open any doors, place
them in a warm dry place and let them sit for a few days. Putting a fan
blowing on them would not hurt.

It you are lucky, they may dry out enough to work again.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com