portable voice recorder

Can anyone recommend a good pocket size digital recorder that can connect to
the PC via USB. I heard the Sony ICD-BM1VTP

was a good one and it goes for about 300.00 dollars. I want to record and
do a voice over on my videos

Can this recorder download .wav sounds so I can use with Adobe Premiere 1.5?

"Jimmy" <jimmycliff@spamex.com> wrote in message

> l wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a good pocket size digital recorder that can
>> connect to the PC via USB. I heard the Sony ICD-BM1VTP
>>
>> was a good one and it goes for about 300.00 dollars. I want to
>> record and do a voice over on my videos
>
> This works for me
>
> http://www.hthengineering.com/ds330.html
>
> J.

Jimmy

l wrote:
> Can this recorder download .wav sounds so I can use with Adobe
> Premiere 1.5?
>
> "Jimmy" <jimmycliff@spamex.com> wrote in message
>>

>> l wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend a good pocket size digital recorder that can
>>> connect to the PC via USB. I heard the Sony ICD-BM1VTP
>>>
>>> was a good one and it goes for about 300.00 dollars. I want to
>>> record and do a voice over on my videos
>>
>> This works for me
>>
>> http://www.hthengineering.com/ds330.html
>>
>> J.

I have copied .wav files to and from this device. Voice is recorded as
..wav, dss, or wmv. Converting to any of these formats and downloaded to
computer is simple. There is also a DSS-3000 that is not price listed and
seems far more advanced and costly but over the top for what is needed.

One more question, how is the quality of your voice, do you have a lot of
ambiance noise etc etc

> l wrote:
>> Can this recorder download .wav sounds so I can use with Adobe
>> Premiere 1.5?
>>
>> "Jimmy" <jimmycliff@spamex.com> wrote in message

>>> This works for me
>>>
>>> http://www.hthengineering.com/ds330.html
>>>
>>> J.
>
> I have copied .wav files to and from this device. Voice is recorded as
> .wav, dss, or wmv. Converting to any of these formats and downloaded to
> computer is simple. There is also a DSS-3000 that is not price listed and
> seems far more advanced and costly but over the top for what is needed.

> Can this recorder download .wav sounds so I can use with Adobe
> Premiere 1.5?

Why not just buy a microphone and plug it directly into your sound
card? Software will make the .wav files and Premiere 1.5 can edit the
sound.

I want to be able to go out in the field and record my voice narrating not
using a camera. I later want to come back and put that narration on my video
I shot earlier. That is why I ask how the sound quality was!

"no.spam" <no@spam.com> wrote in message

>> Can this recorder download .wav sounds so I can use with Adobe
>> Premiere 1.5?
>
> Why not just buy a microphone and plug it directly into your sound
> card? Software will make the .wav files and Premiere 1.5 can edit the
> sound.

Jimmy

l wrote:
> One more question, how is the quality of your voice, do you have a
> lot of ambiance noise etc etc

I think the quality is excellent. There are two settings of mic sensitivity
and a jack for external mic. I got mine at Radio Shack so I am sure if you
wanted to try it out you would get a better idea. You can always return it
if it is not suitable.

J.

I think many videographer do not think about carrying around a portable
voice recorder, but there are times that people will spill the beans without
a camera in thier face, but will on a recoreder. I missed a lot of history
and valuable information because I did not have a voice recorder.

> l wrote:
>> One more question, how is the quality of your voice, do you have a
>> lot of ambiance noise etc etc
>>
> I think the quality is excellent. There are two settings of mic
> sensitivity
> and a jack for external mic. I got mine at Radio Shack so I am sure if you
> wanted to try it out you would get a better idea. You can always return it
> if it is not suitable.
>
> J.

Jimmy

l wrote:
> I think many videographer do not think about carrying around a
> portable voice recorder, but there are times that people will spill
> the beans without a camera in thier face, but will on a recoreder. I
> missed a lot of history and valuable information because I did not
> have a voice recorder.

The smart ones do. A remote mic/recorder is good to have in many cases.
Placed close to audio source while camera is afar allows for much better end
results. I use mine in numerous cases where background noise needs to be
illuminated and where wireless is not a reasonable option. Voice actuated
and adding an external mic to this device is also something extremely
useful. People feel more at ease if camera is further away than the 'in your
face' video sometimes necessary otherwise. I had a referee hold mine for
high school football game that gave surprising results when final DVD was
completed. That occasional voice over added remarkable effect. I bet a whole
thread could be started on the use and ideas of this particularly
inexpensive accessory.

J.

techstyleuk

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
The Denpa VT-50 records Stereo directly to MP3 and the Denpa MP-38 records directly to WAV. Both will work with the optional Wireless Microphone. Both include an FM radio, MP3 player and file storage as well as everything you need to record from the telephone line. These devices are designed by company with a long history of developing high quality covert recording equipment for various militaries.

There are samples from the VT-50 on the page shown above