Dark Photo's when I Email Them

I'm pretty much a newbie to the world of digital photography and editing and
I seem to have a newbie problem.

When I look at photo's downloaded from my Canon using Zoombrowser they are
bright and clear. But when I Email them, resizing and compressing into JPEG
at 60% of original size, they end up dark. They are being viewed using
Windows XP Fax and Photo Viewer but I doubt if the problem is with the
viewer. Does any one have any suggestions as to what I can do or
countermeasures I could take?

I would greatly appreciate any advice offered.

Thanks in advance,
Perry.

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:31:00 GMT, "!p^&c88%B!" <!&P%C#$b!@hotmail.com> wrote:

> But when I Email them, resizing and compressing into JPEG
>at 60% of original size, they end up dark. They are being viewed using
>Windows XP Fax and Photo Viewer

Is this viewed on the same computer? You should be able to see the result of any
compression before you email them. Emailing an image should not change it at
all,the file should remain exactly the same.

Maybe they look dark on the recipient's computer but ok on yours.
You'll probably find that everything does...

--
Chris Pollard

http://www.cginternet.net