Remote Assistance

Every time I click on "Send Invitation" for remote
assistance with Windows OE the same message keeps on
coming up saying:

"A program could not start. Please try Again"

This is with OE and IE running complete with a broadband
connection.

Any help would be appreciated

SvdW
3 answers Last reply
More about remote assistance

    Here's a past posting by Jeffery Randow which should solve this:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%22a+program+could+not+start%22+xp+remote+assistance&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&selm=dv6j909q0fmao7j5ld73b774tmtm9uk98h%404ax.com&rnum=3

    Let us know which solution did the trick, or come back if neither does it?

    "SvdW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I click on "Send Invitation" for remote
    > assistance with Windows OE the same message keeps on
    > coming up saying:
    >
    > "A program could not start. Please try Again"
    >
    > This is with OE and IE running complete with a broadband
    > connection.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated
    >
    > SvdW

    Hi Bill:

    The first solution "sessmgr -service" seem to do the
    trick. I managed to send a "INVITATION" - but now I will
    have to wait for a reply. Now if I only knew why this
    worked I would be a whole lot smarter.

    The second solution (which I tried first) in "Internet
    Option" was set propperly to OE!!

    Thanks for your help

    SvdW

    I've got to confess I've no idea what that does or why you needed to do it!
    Maybe Jeffery will hit me with a cluestick.

    However, I'm glad it did. The communication chain in Remote Assistance can
    be a bit of a challenge--opening port 3389 TCP in routers involved helps, as
    does those routers being UPnP enabled, and having the UPnP services enabled
    on the machines involved.

    > Hi Bill:
    >
    > The first solution "sessmgr -service" seem to do the
    > trick. I managed to send a "INVITATION" - but now I will
    > have to wait for a reply. Now if I only knew why this
    > worked I would be a whole lot smarter.
    >
    > The second solution (which I tried first) in "Internet
    > Option" was set propperly to OE!!
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    >
    > SvdW

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP