Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Email POP Client

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 5, 2011 6:08:44 AM

:o  Where, oh where please do I find an email POP client for Windows 7 besides the complicated Windows Live Mail, one as easy as Outlook Express? Can anyone help please? I'm too old for these new-fangled programs like Live Mail where I can's even find the Address Book. I'm furious with Microsoft for not including an Email Client in Windows 7 Professional.

More about : email pop client

January 5, 2011 2:21:52 PM

+1 for Thunderbird
m
0
l
Related resources
January 5, 2011 7:51:54 PM

hairystuff said:
You could try thunderbird:
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/

Thank you hairystuff. I had tried Thunderbird, but had problems, so I uninstalled it and am trying Windows Live Mail which is far too complicated for me. So, I again installed Thunderbird (on your recommendation) and had a deuce of a problem changing it from IMAPI to POP.

I got help direct from Thunderbird who admit they have a problem with setting Thunderbird to obscure POP-type accounts (this is South Africa y'know) and showed me a work-around, which at last changed IMAPI to a POP account. So I will again try Thunderbird - this time, if I have problems I shall pull it's tail-feathers out and remove it's Thundering ability.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. We now wait and see. But Windows 7 Professional cost me ZAR2700.00 (approx $400.00) and it is a disgrace that Microsoft failed to provide a proper email client like Outlook Express. Thank you too Tom's Hardware. Greetings from BallyIrish
m
0
l
January 5, 2011 7:55:17 PM

hairystuff said:
You could try thunderbird:
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-GB/thunderbird/

Thank you hairystuff. I had tried Thunderbird, but had problems, so I uninstalled it and am trying Windows Live Mail which is far too complicated for me. So, I again installed Thunderbird (on your recommendation) and had a deuce of a problem changing it from IMAPI to POP.

I got help direct from Thunderbird who admit they have a problem with setting Thunderbird to obscure POP-type accounts (this is South Africa y'know) and showed me a work-around, which at last changed IMAPI to a POP account. So I will again try Thunderbird - this time, if I have problems I shall pull it's tail-feathers out and remove it's Thundering ability.

Thanks so much for the suggestion. We now wait and see. But Windows 7 Professional cost me ZAR2700.00 (approx $400.00) and it is a disgrace that Microsoft failed to provide a proper email client like Outlook Express. Thank you too Tom's Hardware. Greetings from BallyIrish
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 5, 2011 8:07:10 PM

You can't find the Address Book in Live Mail? Look at the bottom left of the main screen and you'll see the items "Mail", "Calendar", "Contacts", "Feeds", "Newsgroups". I'll leave you to guess which one is the Address Book.

Live Mail is no more complicated than Outlook Express - it's just different.
m
0
l
January 5, 2011 8:54:20 PM

I told you folks I am 75 and of course know little of computing technology. I can't even work a cell phone. To me, it's the very difference you speak of that I find daunting. Contacts = Address Book? Well, blow me down. Thanks for the reply.
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 6, 2011 1:04:52 AM

What about Pegasus Mail? I haven't tried it myself, but it is free and the interface appears to be a little old-school (no offense, BallyIrish :)  ).
m
0
l
January 6, 2011 5:19:58 AM

Thanks Bolbi. I now have three working clients: Windows Live Email. Thunderbird and I have just installed the easiest of the lot, the Chinese Foxmail which comes in English from MajorGeeks. Foxmail is so easy and very much like XP's Outlook Express. Thanks so much. This matter may now be regarded as successfully closed. Thanks Tom! Greetings from BallyIrish/
m
0
l
January 6, 2011 5:51:43 AM

BallyIrish said:
:o  Where, oh where please do I find an email POP client for Windows 7 besides the complicated Windows Live Mail, one as easy as Outlook Express? Can anyone help please? I'm too old for these new-fangled programs like Live Mail where I can's even find the Address Book. I'm furious with Microsoft for not including an Email Client in Windows 7 Professional.



Hi,


You should try Mozilla Thunderbird OR Zimbra Desktop it's both are Very good or User friendly Software For Using...
m
0
l
January 6, 2011 6:17:35 AM

Bolbi said:
What about Pegasus Mail? I haven't tried it myself, but it is free and the interface appears to be a little old-school (no offense, BallyIrish :)  ).

Hehehehe! I like your sense of humour Bolbi!
m
0
l
January 6, 2011 6:33:13 AM

purushottamaher said:
Hi,


You should try Mozilla Thunderbird OR Zimbra Desktop it's both are Very good or User friendly Software For Using...



Thank you all guys for jumping to my aid. Problem now resoilved and following your good advices I now have three working email clients: Windows Live Email, Foxmail (Made in China) and Thunderbird. Now I must choose the one that suits me best. I thought "contact" was when two wires were soldered together. What old guy would associate contact with address book??? Thanks Tom, an all yer good folk.

Matter resolved. Thanks to you too purushottama. Never heard of Zimbra before. Maybe I give it a try? Thanks Tom.
m
0
l
!