FPS conversion help

Hi -

I know the idea of giving video a 'film look' has been discussed many
times before, but....I was wondering if there is a simple way to give
my video (NTSC) a more 'strobing' kind of appearance.

For example, I've noticed when I frame-advance on my Tivo during a
movie that the frames go 1 2 3 4 4 1 2 3 4 4, whereas a news broadcast
goes 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5.

With programs like TMPGENC, is there a way I could convert my regular
30 FPS video into 24? Even if I lose every 5th frame?

I know that Adobe Premiere can do all kinds of stuff like this, but I
really want to keep it simple and go from DVD VOB -> PC MPG ->
frame-convert -> DVD VOB.

I have the shareware TMPGENC with MPEG-2 still enabled....and
AVI2MPG....have succeeded in de-multiplexing my video from DVD, but
can't figure out how to get the video back thru all the useful filters
of TMPGENC.

Thanks for any help or ideas!

Karl

Anybody?

karlh10@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I know the idea of giving video a 'film look' has been discussed many
> times before, but....I was wondering if there is a simple way to give
> my video (NTSC) a more 'strobing' kind of appearance.
>
> For example, I've noticed when I frame-advance on my Tivo during a
> movie that the frames go 1 2 3 4 4 1 2 3 4 4, whereas a news
broadcast
> goes 1 2 3 4 5 1 2 3 4 5.
>
> With programs like TMPGENC, is there a way I could convert my regular
> 30 FPS video into 24? Even if I lose every 5th frame?
>
> I know that Adobe Premiere can do all kinds of stuff like this, but I
> really want to keep it simple and go from DVD VOB -> PC MPG ->
> frame-convert -> DVD VOB.
>
> I have the shareware TMPGENC with MPEG-2 still enabled....and
> AVI2MPG....have succeeded in de-multiplexing my video from DVD, but
> can't figure out how to get the video back thru all the useful
filters
> of TMPGENC.
>
> Thanks for any help or ideas!
>
> Karl

[...]