XP home connect to W2k server w/ RD

I have a home user who was running Windows XP Home
edition, but recently upgraded to XP Pro. he had at one
time been able to connec to our W2K TS, but his TS Client
license expired. He upgraded to XP Pro but cannot
establish a connection. On the server I get the error
TermServices 1004 Cannot issue a client license. Maybe
I'm not understanding how the licensing works, but
doesn't XP Pro have the needed licenses to connect
remotely. I have other users, including myself, running
XP pro that can connect from home. I can see in the
licensing on the Terminal Licensing server that these
computers are getting issues the Existing W2k License,
why will my user now running XP Pro not get issues a
license. He has all of the updates up to SP2 and still
cannot connect. I'm very confused and would like to get
this to work. Also, my other XP Home users are getting
issued temp licenses, I thought that XP Home also had the
necessary licenses get issues an existing W2k License.
Please help me!! And thanks in advance!!

-Tia
3 answers Last reply
More about home connect server

    Actually this is not always true,

    There are different types of licensees for Terminal Server, What you are
    describing is a "machine" based licensee, the terminal server has so many
    licensees that it gives out to machines that are allowed to connect to it.
    That way only authorized machines can access Terminal server.

    TS will issue "temporary" licensees for 90 days, once the 90 days is up
    Terminal server will not allow that machine to connect back up.

    --
    Don't have the need for a full time IT staff, Contact Sean.
    For all of your IT needs SCD@ourfamilyzoo.net.

    So... Does that mean that this Machine can NEVER connect
    to the TS again? That's doesn't sound right. Is there
    anyway I can make the TS accept this machine and/or user?

    It should if you purchase a license for it... Try posting this on the
    terminalservices newsgroup for quicker responses...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:20:51 -0700, "Tia"

    >So... Does that mean that this Machine can NEVER connect
    >to the TS again? That's doesn't sound right. Is there
    >anyway I can make the TS accept this machine and/or user?

Connection Windows XP License Servers