Unable to send invitation for remote assistance - "A Progr..

I get completely through the invite wizard (Email an invitation) and
click on send and I get the following error:

A program could not start. Please try again.

OS: Windows XP Home SP2

Remote Assistance IS enabled in System Properties, Remote Tab.

I do not have Windows Messenger installed. For some reason, even
though I am not using that option in my invitation, Windows Messenger
trys to start. But, all I get is an icon in the tray with a red X. I
don't know why it would want to start if I am not using Windows
Messenger to send the invitation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY
3 answers Last reply
More about unable send invitation remote assistance progr

    Even if I try to save the invitation as a file, I get the same error.

    TIA for any help.

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:47:44 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:

    >I get completely through the invite wizard (Email an invitation) and
    >click on send and I get the following error:
    >
    >A program could not start. Please try again.
    >
    >OS: Windows XP Home SP2
    >
    >Remote Assistance IS enabled in System Properties, Remote Tab.
    >
    >I do not have Windows Messenger installed. For some reason, even
    >though I am not using that option in my invitation, Windows Messenger
    >trys to start. But, all I get is an icon in the tray with a red X. I
    >don't know why it would want to start if I am not using Windows
    >Messenger to send the invitation.
    >
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >TY

    What is your default email program? It sounds like it isn't being
    loaded properly...

    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 02:36:29 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:

    >Even if I try to save the invitation as a file, I get the same error.
    >
    >TIA for any help.
    >

    >On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:47:44 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:
    >
    >>I get completely through the invite wizard (Email an invitation) and
    >>click on send and I get the following error:
    >>
    >>A program could not start. Please try again.
    >>
    >>OS: Windows XP Home SP2
    >>
    >>Remote Assistance IS enabled in System Properties, Remote Tab.
    >>
    >>I do not have Windows Messenger installed. For some reason, even
    >>though I am not using that option in my invitation, Windows Messenger
    >>trys to start. But, all I get is an icon in the tray with a red X. I
    >>don't know why it would want to start if I am not using Windows
    >>Messenger to send the invitation.
    >>
    >>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>TY

    I thought about that, too. I verified OE was the default. Other
    applications call up OE just fine as the default.

    On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 23:17:20 -0500, "Jeffrey Randow (MVP)"
    <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote:

    >What is your default email program? It sounds like it isn't being
    >loaded properly...
    >
    >Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking & Smart Display MVP)
    >jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com
    >
    >Please post all responses to the newsgroups for the benefit
    >of all USENET users. Messages sent via email may or may not
    >be answered depending on time availability....
    >
    >Remote Networking Technology Support Site -
    >http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
    >Windows XP Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    >
    >On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 02:36:29 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:
    >
    >>Even if I try to save the invitation as a file, I get the same error.
    >>
    >>TIA for any help.
    >>

    >>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:47:44 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I get completely through the invite wizard (Email an invitation) and
    >>>click on send and I get the following error:
    >>>
    >>>A program could not start. Please try again.
    >>>
    >>>OS: Windows XP Home SP2
    >>>
    >>>Remote Assistance IS enabled in System Properties, Remote Tab.
    >>>
    >>>I do not have Windows Messenger installed. For some reason, even
    >>>though I am not using that option in my invitation, Windows Messenger
    >>>trys to start. But, all I get is an icon in the tray with a red X. I
    >>>don't know why it would want to start if I am not using Windows
    >>>Messenger to send the invitation.
    >>>
    >>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >>>
    >>>TY

Windows XP