Unable to send invitation for remote assistance - "A Progr..

September 16, 2004 5:47:44 AM

I get completely through the invite wizard (Email an invitation) and
click on send and I get the following error:

A program could not start. Please try again.

OS: Windows XP Home SP2

Remote Assistance IS enabled in System Properties, Remote Tab.

I do not have Windows Messenger installed. For some reason, even
though I am not using that option in my invitation, Windows Messenger
trys to start. But, all I get is an icon in the tray with a red X. I
don't know why it would want to start if I am not using Windows
Messenger to send the invitation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TY

More about : unable send invitation remote assistance progr

Anonymous
September 16, 2004 6:36:29 AM

Even if I try to save the invitation as a file, I get the same error.

TIA for any help.

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:47:44 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:

>I get completely through the invite wizard (Email an invitation) and
>click on send and I get the following error:
>
>A program could not start. Please try again.
>
>OS: Windows XP Home SP2
>
>Remote Assistance IS enabled in System Properties, Remote Tab.
>
>I do not have Windows Messenger installed. For some reason, even
>though I am not using that option in my invitation, Windows Messenger
>trys to start. But, all I get is an icon in the tray with a red X. I
>don't know why it would want to start if I am not using Windows
>Messenger to send the invitation.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>TY
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:17:20 AM

What is your default email program? It sounds like it isn't being
loaded properly...

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 02:36:29 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:

>Even if I try to save the invitation as a file, I get the same error.
>
>TIA for any help.
>

>On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:47:44 -0500, Mudley <wet@dirt_is.mud> wrote:
>
>>I get completely through the invite wizard (Email an invitation) and
>>click on send and I get the following error:
>>
>>A program could not start. Please try again.
>>
>>OS: Windows XP Home SP2
>>
>>Remote Assistance IS enabled in System Properties, Remote Tab.
>>
>>I do not have Windows Messenger installed. For some reason, even
>>though I am not using that option in my invitation, Windows Messenger
>>trys to start. But, all I get is an icon in the tray with a red X. I
>>don't know why it would want to start if I am not using Windows
>>Messenger to send the invitation.
>>
>>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>TY
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 8:47:59 AM

I thought about that, too. I verified OE was the default. Other
applications call up OE just fine as the default.

!