XP Pro to Win 2K server

I am trying to use my drives remotely in a Remote Desktop Connection. I am
unable to see the drives. The microsoft documentation helpfully suggests
that the network policies might not allow it, of course it does NOT give any
hint where to look and what to set to allow this.

Anyone have any pointers where I might find this information?
3 answers Last reply
More about server

    If you have the W2K server setup as a Terminal Server you
    can check the settings here:

    Go to Control Panel, Administrative tools, Terminal
    Services Configuration.

    Right-Click on the connector (For example RDP-Tcp) and
    Select Properties. Select the Tab labeled Client
    Settings.
    See if there is a check next to Use client settings or
    not. If there is not then make sure there is a check
    next to Connect Client Drives at logon.

    Hope that helps.

    -Tia

    I don't believe that will help. That setting is available only to support
    servers with the Citrix add-on which enabled such functionality under
    Windows 2000. It won't help with Microsoft's Terminal Services by itself.

    > If you have the W2K server setup as a Terminal Server you
    > can check the settings here:
    >
    > Go to Control Panel, Administrative tools, Terminal
    > Services Configuration.
    >
    > Right-Click on the connector (For example RDP-Tcp) and
    > Select Properties. Select the Tab labeled Client
    > Settings.
    > See if there is a check next to Use client settings or
    > not. If there is not then make sure there is a check
    > next to Connect Client Drives at logon.
    >
    > Hope that helps.
    >
    > -Tia

    What host OS are you connecting to?

    Windows 2000 Server uses an older version of RDP which does not support this
    functionality. There was a resource kit add-in which allowed for this as
    long as you also used an older version of the client that went with it.

    For most users with XP, if you have administrator permissions at the server,
    a third-party product like AnalogX's TSDropCopy is the solution that works.
    Alternatively, connect up via VPN and move the files that way--which is what
    I find myself doing most of the time.

    "Don Glover" <corwyn at kolvir dot com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to use my drives remotely in a Remote Desktop Connection. I am
    > unable to see the drives. The microsoft documentation helpfully suggests
    > that the network policies might not allow it, of course it does NOT give
    > any
    > hint where to look and what to set to allow this.
    >
    > Anyone have any pointers where I might find this information?

Windows XP Microsoft Servers