Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Router forward port - access more than 1 PC?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 4:59:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in using
Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple PC's
and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP address?
If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one PC at
a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like VPN?
Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for any
help/advice.
--
Respectfully
Matthew Russell
Anonymous
September 16, 2004 8:27:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...

"Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:ACBB94E7-5524-498A-9B71-1995C7C91728@microsoft.com...
> I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
> Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in
> using
> Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple
> PC's
> and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP
> address?
> If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one PC
> at
> a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like VPN?
> Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for any
> help/advice.
> --
> Respectfully
> Matthew Russell
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 11:01:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Bill... once again thank you very much for all of your help.

Is there any way I can tap my PC into your brain so I can have access to all
of that knowledge and experience you have stored in there 24/7 ???

Thanks again... I appreciate it.

Matt

"Bill Sanderson" wrote:

> http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...
>
> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:ACBB94E7-5524-498A-9B71-1995C7C91728@microsoft.com...
> > I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
> > Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in
> > using
> > Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple
> > PC's
> > and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP
> > address?
> > If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one PC
> > at
> > a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like VPN?
> > Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for any
> > help/advice.
> > --
> > Respectfully
> > Matthew Russell
>
>
>
Anonymous
September 17, 2004 3:55:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

You're doing it right here in this group. My brain is decidedly
fallible--but the collective wisdom of the folks contributing here is a good
safety check.

You're welcome!

"Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E13FF999-D4B5-4DC8-B993-850C4A314EA4@microsoft.com...
> Bill... once again thank you very much for all of your help.
>
> Is there any way I can tap my PC into your brain so I can have access to
> all
> of that knowledge and experience you have stored in there 24/7 ???
>
> Thanks again... I appreciate it.
>
> Matt
>
> "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
>
>> http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC...
>>
>> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:ACBB94E7-5524-498A-9B71-1995C7C91728@microsoft.com...
>> > I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
>> > Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in
>> > using
>> > Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple
>> > PC's
>> > and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP
>> > address?
>> > If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one
>> > PC
>> > at
>> > a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like
>> > VPN?
>> > Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for
>> > any
>> > help/advice.
>> > --
>> > Respectfully
>> > Matthew Russell
>>
>>
>>
!