Router forward port - access more than 1 PC?

I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in using
Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple PC's
and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP address?
If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one PC at
a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like VPN?
Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for any
help/advice.
--
Respectfully
Matthew Russell

    http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html

    "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
    > Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in
    > using
    > Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple
    > PC's
    > and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP
    > address?
    > If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one PC
    > at
    > a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like VPN?
    > Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for any
    > help/advice.
    > --
    > Respectfully
    > Matthew Russell

    Bill... once again thank you very much for all of your help.

    Is there any way I can tap my PC into your brain so I can have access to all
    of that knowledge and experience you have stored in there 24/7 ???

    Thanks again... I appreciate it.

    Matt

    "Bill Sanderson" wrote:

    > http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html
    >
    > "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
    > > Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in
    > > using
    > > Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple
    > > PC's
    > > and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP
    > > address?
    > > If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one PC
    > > at
    > > a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like VPN?
    > > Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for any
    > > help/advice.
    > > --
    > > Respectfully
    > > Matthew Russell

    You're doing it right here in this group. My brain is decidedly
    fallible--but the collective wisdom of the folks contributing here is a good
    safety check.

    You're welcome!

    > Bill... once again thank you very much for all of your help.
    >
    > Is there any way I can tap my PC into your brain so I can have access to
    > all
    > of that knowledge and experience you have stored in there 24/7 ???
    >
    > Thanks again... I appreciate it.
    >
    > Matt
    >
    > "Bill Sanderson" wrote:
    >
    >> http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/RemoteDesktop/Multiple_PC_RD.html
    >>
    >> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I've setup our router with port forwarding on a peer-to-peer Win-XP
    >> > Professional network using static IP addresses and was successfull in
    >> > using
    >> > Remote Desktop to access one PC. Can I setup the router with multiple
    >> > PC's
    >> > and would I forward the same port number to each different PC's IP
    >> > address?
    >> > If I wish to grant access to more than one user to access more than one
    >> > PC
    >> > at
    >> > a time, is this done through 'Port Forwarding' or something else like
    >> > VPN?
    >> > Excuse my ignorance if this sounds stupid. And thanks in advance for
    >> > any
    >> > help/advice.
    >> > --
    >> > Respectfully