Unable to print to local printer in remote desktop

Hi, for some reason I am unable to print to printer
attached locally to my PC when trying to remote desktop
to another PC. The local printer is not showing, only
remote printers even though I checked the option to bring
local printers over during remote desktop. I have seen
these in multiple instances on multiple machines where I
remote desktop to another pc. Local printers never seem
to show even though the option is checked before the
remote desktop sessions started. Any known issues/fixes?

If the printer is USB the drivers have to be installed on the remote PC,

If the printer is Parallel Port It shouls work without the divers.