Immediate logoff from remote desktop

Paul

Splendid

Hi all,

I have a strange problem using remote desktop. I try to
connect to my desktop using my laptop. If I try to logon
the client accepts user/password, but procedes immediately
to an automatic logoff.

When I first logon locally on the desktop, and _then_ use
the laptop to connect using remote desktop, it works fine.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Paul

"Paul" <nlsoek04@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have a strange problem using remote desktop. I try to
> connect to my desktop using my laptop. If I try to logon
> the client accepts user/password, but procedes immediately
> to an automatic logoff.
>
> When I first logon locally on the desktop, and _then_ use
> the laptop to connect using remote desktop, it works fine.

This first surfaced with SP2. If you have an Nvidia video card, then update
to the latest driver from www.nvidia.com.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

Paul

Splendid

Thanks Robin, that solved the problem. It has nothing to
do with SP2 (don't use it yet), but upgrading to Nvidia
driver version 61.77 fixed it.

Thanks again,
Paul

That gibes with my recollection that this issue predated SP2. It is
definitely connected with specific Nvidia driver versions, but I've never
seen those enumerated. It's nice to know that the newest from Nvidia cures
it--that's an easy fix to cite.

"Paul" <nlspek04@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Thanks Robin, that solved the problem. It has nothing to
> do with SP2 (don't use it yet), but upgrading to Nvidia
> driver version 61.77 fixed it.
>
> Thanks again,
> Paul

TRENDING THREADS