Video capture woes with PVGS120

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2004 12:36:20 PM

Okay, so I'm cheating because I want to (cheaply) transfer video via USB
2.0.

My other USB devices work fine, but when I go to capture in Movie
Factory I get an error message to the effect of "There is no capture
driver on the system."

I understand Windows Movie Maker 2 will work with USB fine, however it's
only available for Windows XP and I have Windows 2000 Pro.

My concern, is that if I run out and buy a firewire kit (card, cable) it
may not work for me. I certainly don't want to be in the hole $40-50.

Will a firewire card magically make this problem disappear, and let me
capture my video in Movie Factory just fine?

Any help is appreciated, and let me know if I need to provide more info.

Thanks!

Ken
December 17, 2004 3:29:59 AM

"Ken In Canada" <marching2mars@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Okay, so I'm cheating because I want to (cheaply) transfer video via USB
> 2.0.
>
> My other USB devices work fine, but when I go to capture in Movie Factory
> I get an error message to the effect of "There is no capture driver on the
> system."
>
> I understand Windows Movie Maker 2 will work with USB fine, however it's
> only available for Windows XP and I have Windows 2000 Pro.
>
> My concern, is that if I run out and buy a firewire kit (card, cable) it
> may not work for me. I certainly don't want to be in the hole $40-50.
>
> Will a firewire card magically make this problem disappear, and let me
> capture my video in Movie Factory just fine?
>
> Any help is appreciated, and let me know if I need to provide more info.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ken

Hi from Tony in the UK,

Firewire card should do the trick. Newegg have one at $12 including a
cable. Have a look at
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?descripti...
.. 99% sure it will work for you.

HTH

Tony
December 17, 2004 12:13:39 PM

USB only for the still pictures. Need Firewire for video capture. The cruel
Japanese manual writers never seem to make that clear.

"Ken In Canada" <marching2mars@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Okay, so I'm cheating because I want to (cheaply) transfer video via USB
> 2.0.
>
> My other USB devices work fine, but when I go to capture in Movie
> Factory I get an error message to the effect of "There is no capture
> driver on the system."
>
> I understand Windows Movie Maker 2 will work with USB fine, however it's
> only available for Windows XP and I have Windows 2000 Pro.
>
> My concern, is that if I run out and buy a firewire kit (card, cable) it
> may not work for me. I certainly don't want to be in the hole $40-50.
>
> Will a firewire card magically make this problem disappear, and let me
> capture my video in Movie Factory just fine?
>
> Any help is appreciated, and let me know if I need to provide more info.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ken
Anonymous
December 20, 2004 1:41:02 PM