Video capture woes with PVGS120

Okay, so I'm cheating because I want to (cheaply) transfer video via USB
2.0.

My other USB devices work fine, but when I go to capture in Movie
Factory I get an error message to the effect of "There is no capture
driver on the system."

I understand Windows Movie Maker 2 will work with USB fine, however it's
only available for Windows XP and I have Windows 2000 Pro.

My concern, is that if I run out and buy a firewire kit (card, cable) it
may not work for me. I certainly don't want to be in the hole $40-50.

Will a firewire card magically make this problem disappear, and let me
capture my video in Movie Factory just fine?

Any help is appreciated, and let me know if I need to provide more info.

Thanks!

Ken
3 answers Last reply
More about video capture woes pvgs120

    "Ken In Canada" <marching2mars@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, so I'm cheating because I want to (cheaply) transfer video via USB
    > 2.0.
    >
    > My other USB devices work fine, but when I go to capture in Movie Factory
    > I get an error message to the effect of "There is no capture driver on the
    > system."
    >
    > I understand Windows Movie Maker 2 will work with USB fine, however it's
    > only available for Windows XP and I have Windows 2000 Pro.
    >
    > My concern, is that if I run out and buy a firewire kit (card, cable) it
    > may not work for me. I certainly don't want to be in the hole $40-50.
    >
    > Will a firewire card magically make this problem disappear, and let me
    > capture my video in Movie Factory just fine?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated, and let me know if I need to provide more info.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Ken

    Hi from Tony in the UK,

    Firewire card should do the trick. Newegg have one at $12 including a
    cable. Have a look at
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-104-218&depa=0
    .. 99% sure it will work for you.

    HTH

    Tony

    USB only for the still pictures. Need Firewire for video capture. The cruel
    Japanese manual writers never seem to make that clear.

    "Ken In Canada" <marching2mars@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, so I'm cheating because I want to (cheaply) transfer video via USB
    > 2.0.
    >
    > My other USB devices work fine, but when I go to capture in Movie
    > Factory I get an error message to the effect of "There is no capture
    > driver on the system."
    >
    > I understand Windows Movie Maker 2 will work with USB fine, however it's
    > only available for Windows XP and I have Windows 2000 Pro.
    >
    > My concern, is that if I run out and buy a firewire kit (card, cable) it
    > may not work for me. I certainly don't want to be in the hole $40-50.
    >
    > Will a firewire card magically make this problem disappear, and let me
    > capture my video in Movie Factory just fine?
    >
    > Any help is appreciated, and let me know if I need to provide more info.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Ken

    Appreciate the confirmation!

    Ken

Tuner Cards Video Capture Video Graphics