Unable to send remote invitation using Mozilla Thunderbird

Hi,

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8 as my email client, and it is set to
the default email client (under access control). In the remote
assistance help and support application, Mozilla Thunderbird appears
correctly, and I am prompted for an email address. However, it isn't
sent through Thunderbird, and a dialog box appears with

'Click 'OK' if you would like to save the invitation and send it to
your friend yourself'.

Also, if I click on address book (within the app), I get "Remote
Assistance Failed. Please try again".

Has anyone had any similiar experiences with Mozilla Thunderbird. I am
using XP SP2.

Also, is there any way to get just this application to use Outlook
Express ?

Regards

Patrick
1 answer Last reply
More about unable send remote invitation mozilla thunderbird

    I'd say this looks like a bug in Thunderbird. I get similar behavior on an
    xpsp2 machine with Thunderbird .8 installed.

    I did notice that when setting Thunderbird as the default mail client (it
    had been Outlook)--I got a strange Thunderbird window with a title bar and
    no useful body--it was expandable but clear. So I think something hung in
    that process, and probably didn't get all the work done to set itself
    properly. You may need to wait for a later version.

    "Patrick Rynhart" <p_rynhart@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird 0.8 as my email client, and it is set to
    > the default email client (under access control). In the remote
    > assistance help and support application, Mozilla Thunderbird appears
    > correctly, and I am prompted for an email address. However, it isn't
    > sent through Thunderbird, and a dialog box appears with
    >
    > 'Click 'OK' if you would like to save the invitation and send it to
    > your friend yourself'.
    >
    > Also, if I click on address book (within the app), I get "Remote
    > Assistance Failed. Please try again".
    >
    > Has anyone had any similiar experiences with Mozilla Thunderbird. I am
    > using XP SP2.
    >
    > Also, is there any way to get just this application to use Outlook
    > Express ?
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Patrick

Mozilla Thunderbird Email Windows XP