Question for Sony digital camera owners

Hello. I have a Sony DSC-P41 digital camera. Purchased in October of
last year, and using a 256MB memory stick. I've been reading the owner's
manual, studying the huge amount of camera settings, and it is somewhat
daunting. I was curious to know what settings other users of this camera
(or a similar model) have set up, and compare them to mine.

"History Fan" <Ihatespam@ireallyreallyhateSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hello. I have a Sony DSC-P41 digital camera. Purchased in October of
> last year, and using a 256MB memory stick. I've been reading the owner's
> manual, studying the huge amount of camera settings, and it is somewhat
> daunting. I was curious to know what settings other users of this camera
> (or a similar model) have set up, and compare them to mine.

The common use is the set the camera to the maximum resolution and a level
of compression that you can live with. The lower compression settings make
larger files, but less artifacts.

The only time you would use a lower resolution is for special use such as a
web page. Even then, you can resize the image for web use from the full size
image.

The idea is you can reduce the pixels in an image but you can not increase
the number of pixels in an image without interpolation. (Making pixels out
of nothing).

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com